Enlighten me, don't ban me... PLEASE

OK, Been a user for QUITE a while...

Not a very ... fascile... user, but I plod along...

Once upon a time, while looking thru the vast knowledge base that this forum is, I came across someone describing how he creates his EXE files in such a way that he can still "see" or remember, or recover, the Orig. AU3....

That is what I was referring to (In a different post, http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67681 that seems to have had the effect of getting 1 banned and 1 warned....)

Now, if there is/was some big/bad/evil Decompiler thingy that could transform any exe into Au3 data, I would

1. be suprised

2. laugh at the creator of such a thing... Cuz that's not what Autoit is FOR....

.... wait....If there is a way to......

....Oh, I get it... if you did that, then ANYONE could see your source, and that could be bad... so the entire process was disabled?

Am I on the right track? or is there something else?

Edited by everseeker

Everseeker

OK, Been a user for QUITE a while...

Not a very ... fascile... user, but I plod along...

Once upon a time, while looking thru the vast knowledge base that this forum is, I came across someone describing how he creates his EXE files in such a way that he can still "see" or remember, or recover, the Orig. AU3....

That is what I was referring to.

Now, if there is/was some big/bad/evil Decompiler thingy that could transform any exe into Au3 data, I would

1. be suprised

2. laugh at the creator... Cuz that's not what Autoit is FOR....

.... wait....If there is a way to......

....Oh, I get it... if you did that, then ANYONE could see your source, and that could be bad... so the entire process was disabled?

Am I on the right track? or is there something else?

and your question is?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

and your question is?

Am I on the right track?or is there something else?

Q=Am I on the right track? and the entire issue is banned

or is there something else? and there is still a method to allow me to recover my source from my compiled exes if the orig. project file (and the computer I created it on) has been turned into landfill..........

Or there would have been a way, if I had only done the AutoIt approved method: X,Y,and Z or coded the AutoIt approved #include xyz or set the AutoIt approved switch -x, -y, and -z, at compile time, or used the AutoIt approved etc...etc...

But since I did not do that, no there is no way. (With answer providing the relavant X, Y, and/or Z)

Edited by everseeker

Everseeker

Decompilation is no longer supported, and is only available for the older versions of AutoIt (Version 3.2.5.1 and earlier compiled scripts).

Otherwise bad luck, re-write it.

If you wish to simulate decomplation:

If you wish to simulate decompilation for your script, you can do this using the following simple example:

;Original Author SmokeN
If $CMDLINE[0] Then
    If $CMDLINE[1] == "/SOURCE" AND $CMDLINE[2] == "MYPASSWORD" Then
        FileInstall("ThisSCript.au3", @ScriptDir & "\DecompiledScript.au3")
    EndIf
EndIf

Then if you run the exe with the following command line parameters, your source will be installed.

myscript.exe /SOURCE MYPASSWORD

Cheers,

Brett