Any way to set microphone recording volume?

I have been searching through the forums all day trying to find a way to set the Microphone recording volume (not the mic level shown under the Master Volume applet) level using AutoIT? I have poured through the sound.au3, audio.au3, and the mixer.au3 UDFs and didn't see where it was possible. Is it possible with AutoIT?

Several people in older threads mentioned a Glorysoft app named VolumeLine that would accomplish this, but all the links I found are dead. If this isn't possible in AutoIT, could someone that still has VolumeLine send me a copy? I need a way to set the mic recording level and the master volume level on a set of dictation machines.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

• 1 year later...

I don't have any reference to "Volume Line" available for you, but as of 13/03/2011 Nircmd version 2.51 released with limited capability to manipulate Windows Vista/7 recording volumes.

This is from Nirsoft's site:

* Added 'focused' option for setappvolume, changeappvolume, and muteappvolume commands, which allow you to easily change the volume of the application that is currently in focus, on Windows 7/Vista/2008.

* Added 'default_record' option for setsysvolume, changesysvolume, setsysvolume2, changesysvolume2, and mutesysvolume commands, which allows you set easily change the volume of default recording device, on Windows 7/Vista/2008.

I've been searching for a solution to this for years and check up on it now and then. My surprise yesterday was that I found the Nirsoft update and the new features. I haven't tried them, but they look promising.

Best of luck!

Edit: As I continued my search today to find a command line solution I came across In there was a link to the command line app you mentioned "VolumeLine" which has vanished from the net. I downloaded it and submitted it to Jotti.org to verify it was clean. That is by no means 100% conclusive, but I feel comfortable enough to use it.

Edited by Sn3akyP3t3

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02.06.2016 at 1:42 PM, AutoBert said:

it's your problem. If this

means: "please help" make your own thread and insert your code (using the "<>"-Icon) there.

I just wanted to tell that if someone is looking for opensource program to change recording volume, he/she can use mine. :-) No help currently required.