Included UDF documentation

Hi everyone,

I just started making programs/tools with AutoItv3 and used the documentation a lot (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/).

But I wonder if there is a documentation about UDF's that are included with autoitv3.

Is there a documentation about "GuiListView.au3" wich can be included by

#Include <GuiListView.au3>

I couldn't find any documentation yet, nor in the FAQ nor in the Docs?

Kind Regards,

Tim

• Moderators

Hi everyone,

I just started making programs/tools with AutoItv3 and used the documentation a lot (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/).

But I wonder if there is a documentation about UDF's that are included with autoitv3.

Is there a documentation about "GuiListView.au3" wich can be included by

#Include <GuiListView.au3>

I couldn't find any documentation yet, nor in the FAQ nor in the Docs?

Kind Regards,

Tim

Most UDFs have function headers that have detailed descriptions (Description/Parameters/Return Values/etc...).

In your AutoIt directory, you'll see two .chm (help) files.

AutoIt3.chm

AutoIt.chm

The AutoIt.chm has a list of udf functions in it under the index tab, most of the included UDFs not only have documentation, but examples as well... However, it's not broken up by Include name, it's broken up by function name with the index tab. If you look at Contents -> User Defined Functions, you'll get a much more elaborate way of browsing through specific types of functions.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Most UDFs have function headers that have detailed descriptions (Description/Parameters/Return Values/etc...).

In your AutoIt directory, you'll see two .chm (help) files.

AutoIt3.chm

AutoIt.chm

The AutoIt.chm has a list of udf functions in it under the index tab, most of the included UDFs not only have documentation, but examples as well... However, it's not broken up by Include name, it's broken up by function name with the index tab. If you look at Contents -> User Defined Functions, you'll get a much more elaborate way of browsing through specific types of functions.

Thanks for the quick response to my question.

I have to confirm that AutoIt3.chm and AutoIt.chm exist, but there is also a third one: UDFs3.chm

And that is the one to get.

Kind Regards, Tim

Right, there are 3 chm-files.

AutoIt3.chm includes the help for the core,

UDFs.chm contains the help for the UDFs,

and AutoIt.chm combines the two helpfiles in one window.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes