Set custom properties on a newly created word document

I need some pointers for setting custom properties on a newly created word document. I know how to set the regular properties, and I know how to create a macro in Word that will set the custom properties, but I can't figure out how to get an autoit script to set the custom properties at the time of the document creation.

Any ideas?

Would the UDF word.au3, function _WordDocPropertySet help?

Details can be found in the Autoit help -> User defined functions -> Word management

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Would the UDF word.au3, function _WordDocPropertySet help?

Details can be found in the Autoit help -> User defined functions -> Word management

_WordDocPropertySet only works for the default list of Word Document properties. Custom properties work like a hashtable, you can set the name of the property and its value.

Is it possibly to save a macro to a word document via autoit? If so, I could create the macro that sets the custom property, then run the macro, and then remove it from the document.

_WordDocPropertySet only works for the default list of Word Document properties. Custom properties work like a hashtable, you can set the name of the property and its value.

I see.

So I would check the _WordDocPropertySet function to see how Autoit can access Word document properties. Then I would have a look at this MS site to see how custom properties can be accessed using VB. The remainder should be easy :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So... found this in the MSDN...

$oDoc.CustomDocumentProperties.Add("Country", False, Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoDocProperties.msoPropertyTypeString, "US Only")

Obviously the type "Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoDocProperties.msoPropertyTypeString" is not going to be recognized in Autoit automagically. Any idea how I can pass this to the Add method?

Edited by viper34j

• 8 months later...
  • 10 years later...

You did notice that this thread has been silent for more than 10 years?
Most users have been absent for the same time.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I did noticed. But as I was dealing with the same question as OP and found this topic by searching, I posted the solution so that the next guy that search for this issue will found a topic with a solution proposed.