Easy GUI

Mat

I was having a look at almarM's Easy script, and decided I needed something similar for throwing together simple GUI's quickly and efficiently. So I wrote this.

The helpfile explains everything, This was also a test to see how well I could write and compile chm's, in preperation for some proper programs I have waiting...

Basic GUI can now be written like this:

GUI.title.300.300.-1.-1
Label.hello world.2.2.296.296

Although its nothting like koda etc, I generaly prefer coding all my GUI's, using correct mathematical processes such as trial and error. :D

Tachnically, you can do anything you can do in autoit, in Easy GUI. But thats only becouse I have an autoit command...

Autoit.MsgBox (48, "hello", "This is standard autoit syntax")
In other news... You can also run this from anywhere, due to the fact I cheated, and run the autoitscripts through the compiled exe. It also works normally when not compiled, provided you are running autoit on the computer.

Zip (Program, source, example, helpfile)

Source

Helpfile

MDiesel

Oh yer... To setup the whole file extensions stuff run this

Edited by mdiesel

yep, I knew someone would say that!

I also set the state, and execute the loop... cut out half the commands...

I am busy writing a huge GUI thats going to be a cricket scorer. That has millions of controls and testing is a bummer. Thats the reason I started this.

MDiesel

wow!! thanks!

I'm getting replies faster than I can write my answers+thanks!!

A few problems not yet mentioned.

in the debug box thing - it doesn't like my @CRLF's, and doubles the lines. @LF + @CR aren't recognised, so are not available as replacements. on the same dialog, I need some more ideas as to what to have in the pos status bar... I was thinking title etc, but they would just sit there not changing much.

MDiesel

I did something similar once, and the purpose was to be able to change the GUI "Face" of the program that was already out there. You could select from different skins "looks" for the GUI.

This is the original...

Posted Image

This is one of the skins...

Posted Image

*** NOTICE, it's not just the "skin" it's the entire look, controls, and everything..

here is a piece of the above skin code...

ROND
GSBC,"", $Start_Menu
TITL,XPC -Radio
DSGN,by QT Appraisal
HGHT, 180
STL1, "", 315, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Restore
SCUR, -1, 0
STL2, "", 349, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Adware
SCUR, -1, 0
STL3, "", 383, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Spyware
SCUR, -1, 0
STL4, "", 417, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,AutoClean
SCUR, -1, 0
STL5, "", 450, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Registry
SCUR, -1, 0
STL6, "", 483, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Defrag
SCUR, -1, 0
STL7, "", 517, 135, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Full Menu
SCUR, -1, 0
STL8, "", 230, 135, 70, 20
STIP, -1,Share This Menu
SCUR, -1, 0
STL9, "", 540, 30, 20, 20
STIP, -1,Exit
SCUR, -1, 0
LGOB,logo, 530, 77, 35, 35
STIP, -1,Check Updates
TGL1, "", 130, 50, 80, 80, -1
SBKC, -1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT
STIP, -1,Toggle Select
SCUR, -1, 0
TGB2,Select, 455, 85, 45, 17 
STIP, -1,Execute Selection
HDL1, "", 45, 135, 50, 20
STIP, -1,Hide Menu Bar
SCUR, -1, 0
COL1, "", 35, 30, 70, 20
STIP, -1,Custom Order
SCUR, -1,0
PIC1, $File1_pic, 0, 0,600,180
CLBL, "", 295, 60, 160, 40
SBKC, -1,""
TGLA,Restore, 310, 68, 105, 30
SFNT, -1, 16, 700, -1
FBLU, -1, 0x8080ff
PIC2, $File2_PIC, 231, 29, 135, 22
CLBL,XPC -Radio, 270, 32, 100, 23
SFNT, -1, 9, 600, 2 + 4
FRED, -1, 0xff0000
SETS, $Start_12 , $GUI_FOCUS
SETS, $Start_10 , $GUI_FOCUS
SHOW

.... so don't let anyone stop ya!!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I did something similar once, and the purpose was to be able to change the GUI "Face" of the program that was already out there. You could select from different skins "looks" for the GUI.

wow... thats incredible. I very much doubt this script will get anywhere near that!!

@Dantay: Statistically, it actually shortens your script most on shorter scripts (but then again, percentages are a funny thing. age wise I'm catching up with my dad :D ). Monoceres was pretty amazed when he wrote a 2 line GUI, with this you can do the same easily! (kk, not really)

MDiesel

I guess if you have that many controls, it would be easier to use. I try to make my GUI's short and sweet.

You are not understanding this concept.

The idea is My program is already "out-there". People are using it and I want them to have the "option" to change the look and feel. All they need to do is select a skin and it loads from that file. Al I need to do is to make a new file for a new skin.....

NO OTHER PROGRAM UPDATES ARE NEEDED, JUST THAT FILE AND A PIC

that's really easy!.. rather than update a whole program... maybe you could understand "plugins"

8)

EDIT: Thanks MDiesel :D

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

EDIT: Thanks MDiesel :D

no problems! I think the main thing to understand here is that you get the same results using this or writing it out fully. only difference is this way is less taxing on the fingers, and can be tested before you complete the GUI, without the bother of loops etc.

anyone found any errors?

also: how does the helpfile look, and don't say empty... I don't need more than a paragragh to show features most of us use daily.

MDiesel

• 7 months later...

I was having a look at almarM's Easy script, and decided I needed something similar for throwing together simple GUI's quickly and efficiently. So I wrote this.

The helpfile explains everything, This was also a test to see how well I could write and compile chm's, in preperation for some proper programs I have waiting...

Basic GUI can now be written like this:

GUI.title.300.300.-1.-1
Label.hello world.2.2.296.296

Although its nothting like koda etc, I generaly prefer coding all my GUI's, using correct mathematical processes such as trial and error. :D

Tachnically, you can do anything you can do in autoit, in Easy GUI. But thats only becouse I have an autoit command...

Autoit.MsgBox (48, "hello", "This is standard autoit syntax")
In other news... You can also run this from anywhere, due to the fact I cheated, and run the autoitscripts through the compiled exe. It also works normally when not compiled, provided you are running autoit on the computer.

Zip (Program, source, example, helpfile)

Source

Helpfile

MDiesel

Oh yer... To setup the whole file extensions stuff run this

-------------------------

What do you mean by RUN THIS?

What do you mean by RUN THIS?

The link is to an autoit script which builds the file associations with ".eag" files. eag standing for EAsy Gui. It makes it a lot easier to use. You can right click the .eag file to run it in a similar way to autoit scripts.

Be warned, this project is very old, and Koda is probably a much better option anyhow. I was looking at extending this for non standard controls, but I didn't really see the point. It probably doesn't work on newer versions of autoit.