How to Check for a change in a window( info tool is not giving necessary window)

Hi Guys,

am trying to automate an application called peregrine client. It is a third party web based application. But the info tool doesnt give info reg. the class or instance or visible text or anything of the window to make use of. It just gives the window title and mouse coor. Pl help me guys..!! Wat I need to do is.. there is a button there which indicates the arrival of new tickets. I want to check for changes in the number in that button by refreshing and if there is a change it should double click the last arrived ticket..

Let me tell you wat I tried.

I tried to obtain the pixel color and observe d change in it. But thr is no significant change in the colors. So it din work. (If you know any other way reg. this, kindly post tat. :D and one more thing is the page has to be refreshed for every few seconds..

since info. tool is not giving any instance or class reg. control.. I cannot proceed further.. Guys please help me out..!! Thanks in advance..!!

Hi Guys,

am trying to automate an application called peregrine client. It is a third party web based application. But the info tool doesnt give info reg. the class or instance or visible text or anything of the window to make use of. It just gives the window title and mouse coor. Pl help me guys..!! Wat I need to do is.. there is a button there which indicates the arrival of new tickets. I want to check for changes in the number in that button by refreshing and if there is a change it should double click the last arrived ticket..

Let me tell you wat I tried.

I tried to obtain the pixel color and observe d change in it. But thr is no significant change in the colors. So it din work. (If you know any other way reg. this, kindly post tat. :D and one more thing is the page has to be refreshed for every few seconds..

since info. tool is not giving any instance or class reg. control.. I cannot proceed further.. Guys please help me out..!! Thanks in advance..!!

If its web based then im assuming it opens up in Internet Explorer. If this is true then you'll have to use the IE.au3 UDF to automate it.

Look it up in the help file for more information.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

If its web based then im assuming it opens up in Internet Explorer. If this is true then you'll have to use the IE.au3 UDF to automate it.

Look it up in the help file for more information.

Hey Lurchman, thanks for your quick reply. It doesnt open in IE. It is a seperate tool. Anyways, can you help reg. this and also reg. wat is ie.au3 UDF. I tried in help file. But I cannot find tat.

I'm sorry to be blunt here, but you must not have looked very hard in the help file.

User defined Functions --> IE

And please post what the info tool does tell you about the window (from the summary tab) and the code that you have tried.

Thanks

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Info tool shows info as below:

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: ServiceCenter - Incident Queue: Incidents by Assignment Group - \\Remote

Class: Transparent Windows Client

Position: -4, -4

Size: 1288, 972

Style: 0x960F0000

ExStyle: 0x00000104

Handle: 0x0004041E

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

Advanced (Class):

ID:

Text:

Position:

Size:

ControlClick Coords:

Style:

ExStyle:

Handle: 0x000A07B2

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 457, 141

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0xEFF7FF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

--------------------------------

are there any shortcut keys by chance for refresh or the button that you're trying to click?

are there any shortcut keys by chance for refresh or the button that you're trying to click?

Yeah, for refresh the shortcut is F2, I tried using controlsend to the window. But the refresh is taking place only when the window is active. But thr is no shortcut for clicking that button. But thr is a link which can be clicked to count the records. It shows a window with title Information, under which will say like " There are 20 records in the list". Again, this window also not recognised by the info tool.

Thanks

controlsend wouldn't work if the info tool can't find the control. You'de have to use Send for it to work. Come up with some other ideas with some code and ill keep helping. I (along with most people on this forum) offer free help not free scripts

controlsend wouldn't work if the info tool can't find the control. You'de have to use Send for it to work. Come up with some other ideas with some code and ill keep helping. I (along with most people on this forum) offer free help not free scripts

Thank you for guiding me. I can understand that it is of no use just getting scripts from others and using that. It is not that am not trying to write scripts. Since am a newbie, I got stuck cos of info tool not recognising the window. But am confident of writing the script for automating that, though it appears to be complicated( for me :D ). Anyways thanks for your resoponses. I am hoping to get help (help alone and not the script..!! :D ) from you in future too.

Reg. that using send, I remember that I have read in help file, send is used for sending commands to an ACTIVE window. But the window am talking about requires to be refreshed even if it is not active. Thats why I preferred ControlSend over Send. But you have said

controlsend wouldn't work if the info tool can't find the control. You'de have to use Send for it to work.

I know that controlsend wouldnt work if the info tool cant find the control. But I believe info tool gives the title of the window and I guess ControlSend has an option of using the Window TITLE too. So I made use of that option. But the prob. is controlsend also sends the command only when the window is active(reg. this window alone). So using Send has only one advantage which is keeping it simple. However, it ll not satisfy my requirement. You are welcome to correct me if am wrong.

Thanks.