BMC Remedy Question

Hello,

I am trying to use Autoit with BMC Remedy, and am getting stuck. I need to search for a ticket based on a ticket number which has already been copied in, and then enter further information in the form that gets pulled up, using Send ("{Tab}") to navigate the rest of the form. The problem is that I can't get the relevant window to consistently activate in order to tab through it. I have tried using

WinActivate("BMC Remedy User", "text")

filling in "text" with text from the right window. This works about 9 out of 10 times; however, it mysteriously doesn't work sometimes (the cursor doesn't appear anywhere on the form), and I need consistency. Does anyone using Remedy know how to get around this? Thank you!!

Hello,

I am trying to use Autoit with BMC Remedy, and am getting stuck. I need to search for a ticket based on a ticket number which has already been copied in, and then enter further information in the form that gets pulled up, using Send ("{Tab}") to navigate the rest of the form. The problem is that I can't get the relevant window to consistently activate in order to tab through it. I have tried using

WinActivate("BMC Remedy User", "text")

filling in "text" with text from the right window. This works about 9 out of 10 times; however, it mysteriously doesn't work sometimes (the cursor doesn't appear anywhere on the form), and I need consistency. Does anyone using Remedy know how to get around this? Thank you!!

1. If the window remains, but just the contents change, then just get the handle with WinGetHandle() and only use that to ID the window for your other operations.

2. Change over from Send() to ControlSend(), which will work even if the window is not active. ControlSend() also returns 1 or 0 to indicate if it found the target or not, allowing good error handling.

:D

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law