HRC - HotKey Resolution Changer [Updated 2012-May-16]

KaFu

Changelog v1.4 > v1.5

General

• Hopefully fixes buggy res change function call make HRC not working on all systems
  • Removed resolution and frequency pre-filters
Source and Executable are available at

http://www.funk.eu

If something does not work as expected... I'm happy about any feedback :)...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changelog v1.6 > v1.7

General

• Fixed a newly introduce bug related to display rotation / orientation

If something does not work as expected... I'm happy about any feedback :oops:...

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog v1.7 > v1.9

General

• Relocated res change from hook to main loop (hook running to long is being killed on Win7)
  • Added resolution selection to tray menu
  • Fixed some minor bugs

If something does not work as expected... I'm happy about any feedback :oops:...

• 1 month later...

Changelog v1.9 > v2.0

General

Added some more command line parameters

• r# (Change to resolution number # (r1 - r9)
  • /exit (Exit after change)
  • /hidetrayicon (Hide Tray icon)
  • /cmd_exe "CommandExecute" (Execute after successful change)
  • /cmd_param "CommandParameter" (Parameter for executable)
  • /cmd_always (Execute /cmd_exe command even if change was not successful)
  • /show (Show GUI)

If something does not work as expected... I'm happy about any feedback ;)...

• 3 weeks later...

Changelog v2.0 > v2.1

• Fixes hotkeys stop working after some time using HRC on a Win7 machine. The hooks are de-activated and re-activated every three minutes in the background now.

If something does not work as expected... I'm happy about any feedback ;)...

Works fine for me in 7 and in Win7pe ;)

Does a hotkey can be defined in HRC for the maximum resolution (32 bit) whatever the monitor (default hotkey, switch or in HRC.ini).

It would allow me to start automatically the PE with always the maximum resolution on any computer.

Edited by ChrisR

Glad you like it ;).

I'm not sure how the extract the maximum supported resolution. I've used HRC on machines, where the display adapter (graphic card) reported resolutions as valid, which exceed the monitors capabilities (e.g. max 2560x1440 reported, but the monitor only supports up to 1920x1080). Just using a switch to start with the maximum reported resolution you might end up with no display at all.

Yes, but you have already the Rawmode in HRC

EDS_RAWMODE : If set, the function will return all graphics modes reported by the adapter driver, regardless of monitor capabilities. Otherwise, it will only return modes that are compatible with current monitors.

It seems the same thing as if we chose manually the Max resolution in your GUI And in case of trouble we have the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-R to reset the initial resolution ;)

I think that's a bonus in HRC for users (not only for me). Up to you

Currently, I use another script and Set Max Resolution seems to work correctly. But but my script has less options, Hotkey, multi monitor,... shortly, I LIKE your script :)

You're right, thought that I've seen that the possible resolutions without EDS_RAWMODE might still be higher than the physical max resolution of the monitor, but couldn't reproduce it now. Will add something like a "/max_resolution" switch to the next release ;)...

thank you in advance ;)...

A bit specific with my PE project, if HRC is on a not writable media (eg: CD), it works well.

But we can create shortcuts without being able to save and use them. May be good to lock the entry (or written in the registry) but i know It remains specific enough :)

Regards

Edited by ChrisR

• 1 month later...

Hi KaFu.

I accidentally found your program in one of the popular Russian magazines of computer topics. Now HRC will be popular in Russia. Congratulations!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The author particularly liked that the HRC restores icons position after changing resolution.

Edited by Yashied

I accidentally found your program in one of the popular Russian magazines of computer topics. Now HRC will be popular in Russia. Congratulations!

Now that's really nice :D , might add another reference on my site. Thanks for putting it on a scanner and posting it here :bye: ...

The author particularly liked that the HRC restores icons position after changing resolution.

Well, that's strange, I can't remember implementing a feature like that :lol:, I was always thinking about integrating an interface to ICU for this task, but I didn't do it until now...

Well done kafu, are you sure there are no code forks?

EDIT:

sorry I could not resist.

<Spoken in an 1980's steriotypical hollywood generic russian accent>

"In Soviet Russia, there is no fork in code, code fork you!"

:ph34r:

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.