can i send file(s) through UDP socket?

does anyone ever tested it? if there's any, please post examples. thanks before.

Forum have nice Search Button located on right uper corner of the page. try searching for "+send +file" with "Search titles only" and see what will happend :D

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Forum have nice Search Button located on right uper corner of the page. try searching for "+send +file" with "Search titles only" and see what will happend :D

sorry if my question bother you. and yes i do, i quite often use "search" feature to find what i'm looking for. i just need someone who really intended to help me and show me some examples or at least a thread that answer this, and not who's asking me to search, because i've done that. thanks for the attention anyway.

It's fully possible to send files through the UDP protocol, but it's not reliable nor advisable;

UDP shouldn't be used for file transferring, as there's no guarantee that the data sent will be transferred completely(or at all), as UDP is a fire-and-forget protocol, in the sense that it does no error checking, or 'follow-ups' to make sure data sent was not corrupted/etc. during transfer.

For sending files you should use TCP because it does actually check if the data sent was transferred successfully. :D

It's fully possible to send files through the UDP protocol, but it's not reliable nor advisable;

UDP shouldn't be used for file transferring, as there's no guarantee that the data sent will be transferred completely(or at all), as UDP is a fire-and-forget protocol, in the sense that it does no error checking, or 'follow-ups' to make sure data sent was not corrupted/etc. during transfer.

For sending files you should use TCP because it does actually check if the data sent was transferred successfully. :D

i'm trying to make a broadcasting client server program, so every server that listening certain ports on the subnet, will receive files that i am sending.

i finally found UFTP which is using UDP and sending files through multicast address channel... it works fine except that my LAN goes laggy whenever data is transmitted. the weird thing is, i set the transmit rate to 1000Kbps only.