DLLCall or ObjCreate

I have a DLL that works with a piece of hardware (SComm.dll). I have a Class Library for this DLL (contains different Methods, Properties, Events, etc.). I have tried to do a DLLCall with this SComm.dll file and put a Method name in the Function parameter like this:

$dll = DllCall("SComm.dll","str","GetSignalStrength")

This returns a "Function Not Found" error. So I did some searching and I now think that I should be using this DLL with COM objects. However, I have tried to create an object with various classes and keep getting failure. Do I need to register the DLL in my system? Maybe I'm using the wrong Class?

I'm happy to solve this problem myself, but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be very helpful. I have checked in my system's Component Services but cannot find my class listed. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section. Maybe my class needs to be registered. Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators

The only issue I've ever had with a COM dll is it not being registered, once that happened, the objects were created quite easily.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry to post several times between responses - but I think this may be relevant. I looked in the OLE Viewer and found my object. It's called SiriusComm.Sirius. However running this:

$oSirius = ObjCreate("SiriusComm.Sirius")

MsgBox(0,"isObj",isobj($oSirius))

Returns 0.

Ok. I resolved this issue. Solution is below if anyone else has a similar problem.

Apparently my DLL was a .net assembly. I had to use regasm.exe to get the dll registered in the com library. Then I had to use the /codebase switch in regasm to register the DLL in the GAC.