AutoIt Editor

Eigensheep

Another editor, and nothing special. I just thought it finally warranted posting.

I still use SciTE by preference. But on computers where AU3 is not installed (eg. at school) I have a copy of the autoit directory and this on my USB stick. :D

The screenshot below should show what it looks like.

Features:

Text editor

New,Open,Save

Compile

Run

Error check

Beta/Production Switch

"No save" option - the file is not saved before running/ compiling/ error checking

Version checker (top right) with website link

Multiple "Tabs"

New, Next, Previous, Close, Save

Some problems I am aware of are: Empty files reading "0" on tab-change and unknown errors on opening some files. You also need SciLexer.dll to run it (not posted, but readily available.)

I would be really grateful for any comments/ problems/ ideas/ improvements.

Oh and btw, the files "highlighter.au3.txt", "Scintilla.h.au3" and "SciteInclude.au3" should go in the same directory as the main file. I didn't write all of it, just some, but I forget where I found the code - so if it was you then thank you! ;) Let me know and I can put your name in somewhere.

Also, the "windows" in the filename doesn't refer to the OS. It's my way of differentiating versions. The source is long which is why I haven't posted it. :D (But it is included in the zip)

Posted Image

Editor.zip

Edited by eThirteen

I haven't had any chance to play with it, but I can say I was immediately impressed with it's appearance, and it's implied functionality.

I'll try to pipe in later when I have something (marginally) more intelligent to say :D

PS: That does seem to be the way it goes sometimes, you spend time crafting hundreds of lines of code on something you think is useful and you'll get no comment. And the next guys post, maybe 30 lines of code, a script where you try to guess what day of the week it was on June 4th, 1721, and it will get response like it was the best thing since sliced bread. I have no idea in advance what causes a post to get replies or not... it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Edited by Spiff59

29 Downloads, 109 views and only 1 comment?

C'est la vie. I totally agree with Spiff59!

You think that you've created good tool and then only a few answers. My advice: just keep on doing good work!

Sometimes you need a good reputation to get a lot of feedbacks and sometimes you think why this "simple" code gets so much response!

C'est la vie!

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 1 month later...

I like how it looks. Great job. Minor annoyance though. When closing each new tab separately, everything works fine. If I exit the program with multiple tabs open, it asks me to save the tab twice. Other than that, cool script.