Where to Begin?

This is a simple problem for all of you that are veterans with AutoIt. However, I'm not quite getting it, and while I'm crawling through the help file tutorial, it's a little difficult to learn from.

I'm making (haha) a script that has two functions.

#1 Left click (nowhere in particular, just as long as the left click is sent) in a standard interval WHEN certain pixel colors are found on-screen.

#2 Send keypresses (1 or 2) when certain values (found from a process' addresses) are low.

Maybe #2 was poorly worded. Anyway, I need some help with going about doing those things, and if anyone has any suggestions, a good tutorial from the community.

Thanks for the help, and forgive me if this is a bit too novice.

Why don't you just come clean and say you need help with a game bot? No need to be coy.

Well, smartass, because if I asked for a "game bot" then what the fuck would you make?

There's not a general "game bot," and I don't need to bother people with a long story on what I'm doing with this.

If you would prefer, I'll just tell you, I NEED A GAME BOT. That vague statement will be very helpful for everyone that would be so nice as to try and help me.

Thanks for the assistance.

Well, smartass, because if I asked for a "game bot" then what the fuck would you make?

There's not a general "game bot," and I don't need to bother people with a long story on what I'm doing with this.

If you would prefer, I'll just tell you, I NEED A GAME BOT. That vague statement will be very helpful for everyone that would be so nice as to try and help me.

Thanks for the assistance.

did you really think that saying this would make people want to help you? do you realize how many game bots are on this forum? no one really cares, and will help you regardless (probably not now though).

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Be nice or you won't last long :D

But I'm feeling nice.

Your install of AutoIt included a help file. Use it.

Some hints (that seem the same with most bots... :D )

Functions like...

MouseClick

PixelSearch

Send

If...Then...EndIf

Also with #2 search for NomadMemory.au3.

Was I too nice?

Edited by BrettF

Was I too nice?

yeah...but maybe its just that im really tired and in a vengeful mood... :D

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

did you really think that saying this would make people want to help you? do you realize how many game bots are on this forum? no one really cares, and will help you regardless (probably not now though).

I was only mentioning this to weaponx because he came off as snide and pompous.

Be nice or you won't last long :D

But I'm feeling nice.

Your install of AutoIt included a help file. Use it.

Some hints (that seem the same with most bots... :D )

Functions like...

MouseClick

PixelSearch

Send

If...Then...EndIf

Also with #2 search for NomadMemory.au3.

Was I too nice?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. But looking over things, I'm going to do this in Java. I have no idea what I'm doing with AutoIt. Even though it'll take longer in Java, I have a feel for it.

PS: I mentioned the help install file. It'd be more helpful if the steps came into some kind of an order instead of just providing arbitrarily placed information.