[SOLVED]New to forum, looking for a way to mark post closed?

I looked through some of the forum docs, I was looking for the answered tool. Use this to

mark a post as answered. Doing so may stop some from reading and responding to a

post that is resolved.

Edited by lostbit

Why would you stop someone from reading? Or even responding? There are almost always multiple solutions. And discussion is generally very good way to learn something new.

First, A closed issue can be sourced for FAQ (auto tools).

Sencond, If I get an answer and make progress I may not even see other

folks responding. Why not save them the time of responding.

Actually I totally agree with lostbit. It's helpful to know that a SPECIFIC problem has been resolved with a SPECIFIC answer. Some of the largest forums on the web have this feature, so that someone can chase a problem and find an answer without duplication of posts, or having to search threads which end with no resolution or practical information.

There's really no need to mock the idea - it's a perfectly valid and useful idea.

EDIT: It's also not the same as using the search tool. You can search for any amount of topics - but you can't know they have resolved an issue without reading through them all.

Edited by JonnyThunder

Actually I totally agree with lostbit. It's helpful to know that a SPECIFIC problem has been resolved with a SPECIFIC answer. Some of the largest forums on the web have this feature, so that someone can chase a problem and find an answer without duplication of posts, or having to search threads which end with no resolution or practical information.

There's really no need to mock the idea - it's a perfectly valid and useful idea.

EDIT: It's also not the same as using the search tool. You can search for any amount of topics - but you can't know they have resolved an issue without reading through them all.

The unofficial convention here has been to edit your post (which those other boards may not allow you to do, but this one does) and append "[solved]" to the title or subtitle of the topic. That plus a post from the OP acknowledging the solution (if there were multiple possible suggestions in the topic) make it clear that it was solved and how.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You can understand what he means by the request.... just a button to automatically mark it as solved or something. But if there is SOME way to do it then that's all fair enough. As long as there is a way, it's all good.

Now... I demand to be spanked for me outburst! :D

Edited by JonnyThunder

/spank

oh and going along with things

this question was solved the answer is to edit your first post on full edit mode and append [sOLVED] to the thread title. use the search feature if you want to find out more.

:D

Edited by FaT3oYCG

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.