Auto-it interference

Hi guys,

I'm running an auto-it script that is performing a certain action on the side of another program. This other program isn't an auto-it script but it has some automated features. When I run my auto-it script simultaneously with my 1st program, the auto-it script cause the first program to make mis-clicks.

Can someone please help guide me in how to debug this? I'm lost and don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Jeff

@OP Read as if someone else posted it...

You would need a crystal ball, Lots of hours to ponder and a bank full of money to pay the bills.

.... to even come close to guessing that riddle....

8)

damn :D

Not even a push in any direction....

Lets try again... just try to get into My Thinking

I'm running an auto-it script that is performing a certain action on the side of another program. This other program isn't an auto-it script but it has some automated features. When I run my auto-it script simultaneously with my 1st program, the auto-it script cause the first program to make mis-clicks.

What would you think??

8)

NEWHeader1.png

What I'm looking for is unrelated to my specific problem. My explanation about my setup is there only to give a certain amount of context. What I'm looking for is some advice on common mistakes done with Auto-it that could throw everything else out of whack. But that's fine, I understand if my request is too generic to warrant a clear cut answer.

I was just looking for things like basic tips & tricks. The kind of stuff veterans like yourself learned the hard way and are kind enough to share with nooblers.

Lets try again... just try to get into My Thinking

What would you think??

8)

Can someone please help guide me in how to debug this? I'm lost and don't know where to start.

It is difficult to guide someone to debug a script without knowing anything. AutoIt can do many things, and many things can go wrong. And sometimes, it is possible the bug is in the AutoIt. The possibilities are many. That is why it is always better to include some code to illustrate the problem or the code itself, so people will understand immediately your problem. Now, from your explanation, your problem is missed click. Even though I'm not an expert, from that information, my suggestion is check mouse hook or MouseOnEvent.

But, it is possible you are experiencing slow down on your system because of your script. The system register the click, but the CPU is too busy to process it immediately. So, you feel that it was a missed-click even though it was not.

Good luck.