how to make inputbox mandatory

When ok is pressed you read the contents of the inputbox and you only do something if it's not empty...You can check the helpfile about reading contents :)

Now, if you want the ok to be disabled until something is in the inputbox you probably have to poll the inputbox every so on to see if there's something in, or there must be some message being sent when you type which you have to capture..

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

there's a simpler way to do this. i dont understand this in the helpfile and i think its the key:

The second and subsequent characters of the password field can be used to restrict input. Use a space to fill the first character to still see the characters typed. Putting an M after the first character indicates that input is Mandatory; i.e. you must enter something. Nothing will happen if you press the Ok button when there is nothing in the InputBox. It will not close and return the string.

there's a simpler way to do this. i dont understand this in the helpfile and i think its the key:

The second and subsequent characters of the password field can be used to restrict input. Use a space to fill the first character to still see the characters typed. Putting an M after the first character indicates that input is Mandatory; i.e. you must enter something. Nothing will happen if you press the Ok button when there is nothing in the InputBox. It will not close and return the string.

$input = InputBox("Pls tupe anything...","...to the inputbox",""," M")
:)

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Did you scroll further down and look at the example given for this?

i did, why?

edit: lol sry i tought that you asked me :/

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

• Developers

i did, why?

nah.. this remark is intended for the OP, not for you. I just took too long to hit the "add reply" button :) Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)