script of office 2k7 compatability

I have done the script it install the office 2k7 compatibility program. It works, but before I send it out to our workstations I had a thought. I am planning to use our basic login script to do this, and my script uses the runas command to start the install. My problem is that I realized that it would install again and again, each time a user logged into our systems.

What is the best way to make sure this does not happen. I had 2 thoughts. One to check for the existence of a specific file that should only be there after the install, but if there is a upgrade to the office 2k7 comp. program then it might be harder to tell what version was installed. The other thought was to add a file to the directory that the script creates. It could read the file and then decide if it needs to install. For example if the file had a 1 it would be version 1 and might need an upgrade. I hope this is clear enough. I'm no programmer but I really like Autoit. So what is the best way to make this happen?

Matt Kopf

ok I think I found it.

I found 2 keys. One contains the product name and one contains the version. Now I just have to figure out how to read these keys in the script.

I am new to this, but how? And any idea where I should look in the registry for a value?