Two sounds at once?

Hello, I want to make a drum machine like Hydrogen or FL Studio, but I don't know how to play two sounds at once. From what I've read it sounds like I need to use a COM object, so which? I have Hydrogen and FL Studio 8 (Full) installed, so I have all the .dlls that I may need.

Thanks, Minikori.

Edited by Minikori

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Easy way would be using Bass.

I think Soundfonts would be a cool way to do it. BassMidi has that support, but I haven't got around to finishing it yet, as I've been having fun with BASSSFX. I have the basics here, so if you can wait a little while, I might be able to finish it.

As for creating a MP3 file and whatnot, check out using BASSenc. Included with BASS libraries... :)

Cheers,

Brett

Easy way would be using Bass.

I think Soundfonts would be a cool way to do it. BassMidi has that support, but I haven't got around to finishing it yet, as I've been having fun with BASSSFX. I have the basics here, so if you can wait a little while, I might be able to finish it.

As for creating a MP3 file and whatnot, check out using BASSenc. Included with BASS libraries... :)

Cheers,

Brett

I'm a little lost at what you're saying. I get that you have something I could use that isn't done yet. But the other examples that you listed, were those written in AutoIt and found on these forums or should I google it?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

• Moderators

Minikori,

Sound.au3 will play 2 sounds at the same time (if you use 2 _SoundPlay commands) but you might have a bit of trouble synchronising them.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Minikori,

Sound.au3 will play 2 sounds at the same time (if you use 2 _SoundPlay commands) but you might have a bit of trouble synchronising them.

M23

Thank you, that'll probably be the easiest way. I probably should've tried that first but oh well.

I'm a little lost at what you're saying. I get that you have something I could use that isn't done yet. But the other examples that you listed, were those written in AutoIt and found on these forums or should I google it?

Have a look for Bass.au3 (link in my sig), downloads are available for BassEnc, BassASIO and others :)