AutoIt Beta 3.3.1.1

Indeed users do not need a MAP file. All I need is the offset of the crash and I can figure out which function it was in. Users do not need the file for that.

pdaughe, if you are willing, I can give you a freshly compiled version of 3.3.1.1's AutoItSC.bin. I will, of course, have the MAP file for that version. You can run it until it crashes and then tell me the offset. I might be able to work something out from there.

Valik,

I didn't want to take up your time until I had made every attempt to duplicate the problem. I have not been able to duplicate it, so yes, I think it will be beneficial to pursure this -- I will follow your instructions...

I have discovered the problem occurs in more than one situation in my application. What I have been able to determine is that I call a function which executes an AdlibRegister; the function completes (i.e the last trace message immediately before the EndFunc is written), then the crash occurs. This is not a "rare" occurence; it happens every time, and again, in more than one situation. It's surprising (and frustrating) to me that I cannot duplicate it.

I have a couple of aside comments regarding AdlibRegister/UnRegister (these comments do not have anything directly to do with the problem).

First here's a version of the script I've been testing with:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
AutoItSetOption ("GUIOnEventMode", 1)     ;Enable event-driven processing

Local $Main_Window = GUICreate ("Application Window")

GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE, "Mouse_Move", $Main_Window)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_Close, "Termination", $Main_Window)

Local $Main_Menu = GUICreate ("Main Menu", 200, 200, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, -1, $Main_Window)

GUISetBkColor ($Color_Red)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $Main_Window)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOWNA, $Main_Menu)

AdlibRegister ("Test01", 10)
AdlibRegister ("Test02", 10)

While True
  Sleep (60000) 
WEnd

Func Termination ()
Exit
EndFunc

;=================================================================================+
;   Test01                                                                     |
;=================================================================================+
Func Test01 ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function begins..." & @CRLF)
;;ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function ends" & @CRLF)
;;Return

Local $Window_Position = WinGetPos ($Main_Menu)

For $I = 1 To 50
    WinMove ($Main_Menu, "", Default, $Window_Position[1] + 6)
    Sleep (02)
    $Window_Position = WinGetPos ($Main_Menu)
    If $Window_Position[1] >= @DesktopHeight Then
       $Window_Position[1] = 0
       WinSetTrans ($Main_Menu, "", 255)
    Else
       WinSetTrans ($Main_Menu, "", 255 - $I)
    EndIf
Next

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function ends" & @CRLF)

EndFunc

;   Test02                                                                     |
Func Test02 ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test02 Function begins..." & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test02 Function ends" & @CRLF)

EndFunc

;   Mouse Move                                                                 |
Func Mouse_Move ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Mouse Move" & @CRLF)

EndFunc

1. Notice that the Test02 function is never executed once the Test01 function starts. It appears that if an AdLibRegister function takes longer to execute than it's scheduled frequency, it will dominate. If you uncomment the first two commented lines in Test01, you see both Test01 and Test02 execute. I'm not suggesting this is a "problem", just noting it for your awareness.

2. It would be "nice" if AdlibUnRegister ("") would unregister all registered Adlib functions. The application can of course keep track of registered functions, but it would be convenient.

Thank you for you willingness to help. My e-mail address is: Developer@twmi.rr.com. I live in the United States, Eastern Standard Time.

Paul

Would someone else please compile and test the script below (beta required) and see if it fails? Please post -- thanks.

Valik,

After posting the previous reply, I thought to try one more thing: compile the test program.

Oh my gosh -- after two full days, I FINALLY duplicated the problem. The reason it was so difficult to duplicate is that I was running all my tests under SciTE -- the problem only occurs if it is compiled (Update: the problem can and does occur under SciTe -- it's just harder to get it to occur. It seems to happen within the first two or three seconds, or not at all. It's more easily experienced when compiled).

Here's the script that fails every time (update: strike "every time" -- strangely, "sometimes" the exe starts running and runs successfully -- other times if fails very quickly) for me:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <Constants.au3>

AutoItSetOption ("GUIOnEventMode", 1);Enable event-driven processing

Local $Main_Window = GUICreate ("Application Window")

GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE, "Mouse_Move", $Main_Window)

GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_Close, "Termination", $Main_Window)

Local $Main_Menu = GUICreate ("Main Menu", 200, 200, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, -1, $Main_Window)

GUISetBkColor ($Color_Red)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $Main_Window)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOWNA, $Main_Menu)

AdlibRegister ("Test02", 10)

Global $Test01_Active = True

While True

Sleep (60000) 

WEnd

Func Termination ()

Exit

EndFunc

;   Test01                                                                     |

Func Test01 ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function begins..." & @CRLF)

;;ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function ends" & @CRLF)

;;Return

Local $Window_Position = WinGetPos ($Main_Menu)

For $I = 1 To 50

WinMove ($Main_Menu, "", Default, $Window_Position[1] + 6)

Sleep (02)

$Window_Position = WinGetPos ($Main_Menu)

If $Window_Position[1] >= @DesktopHeight Then

$Window_Position[1] = 0

WinSetTrans ($Main_Menu, "", 255)

Else

WinSetTrans ($Main_Menu, "", 255 - $I)

EndIf

Next

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test01 Function ends" & @CRLF)

EndFunc

;   Test02                                                                     |

Func Test02 ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test02 Function begins..." & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Test02 Function ends" & @CRLF)

EndFunc

;   Mouse Move                                                                 |

Func Mouse_Move ()

ConsoleWrite (@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & "." & @MSEC & ": Mouse Move" & @CRLF)

If $Test01_Active Then

AdlibUnRegister ("Test01")

$Test01_Active = False

Else

$Test01_Active = True

EndIf

EndFunc
Edited by pdaughe

2. It would be "nice" if AdlibUnRegister ("") would unregister all registered Adlib functions. The application can of course keep track of registered functions, but it would be convenient.

It removes the last registered function. I'll try to figure out a way to return the size. It's tricky, though, because an Adlib can unregister itself.

Fixed: Crash due to unregistering an Adlib while an Adlib was firing.

Fixed: Adlib functions no longer dominate when more than one are registered.

Changed: AdlibUnregister() now returns the count of remaining Adlib functions that are registered.

I think that fixes everything... for Adlib at least.

Edit: In the next beta you will be able to do this to unregister all Adlibs:

While AdlibUnregister("")
WEnd
Edited by Valik

I think that fixes everything... for Adlib at least.

Edit: In the next beta you will be able to do this to unregister all Adlibs:

While AdlibUnregister("")
WEnd
Well, well...not the first time I've been impressed with you, and I'm sure it won't be the last! Thank you again for your help and all the time you put in on AutoIt.

I'll be anxious to implement it when the fix becomes available. This functionality is a nice addition to AutoIt.

Sincerely,

Paul