New Idea for a Script... Is it possible in AutoIt?

Alright so what I'm looking to do... is retrieve an area of a website ... just that area... and display it on an external window ... whether it be a browser or a custom GUI <-- preferred.

The area that I wish to single out is a chat room. The site is a webcast chat , and I want to JUST have the chat... I don't want to see the webcams or the rest of the sites page. ( I can't remember if I'm allowed to post external site links or not , so I will refrain from that for now. )

Description of Site:

Up top you have like... 10 windows of peoples cams. ( 2 rows of 5 )....

And below that you have the chat box itself. ( To the right of this is the members list... this is not required... but could be nice. Doesn't matter. )

But initially retrieving this would be a achievement all in its self.

I am reviewing the IE functions but I never deal with them , and can't seem to grasp which would help me ( if its even possible ) just by the examples given.

Any insight is appreciated.

( Note: I'd be willing to do this in PHP if anyone has experience in that area. Not sure if its possible in that langauge either , but similiar issues arise. )

Thank you.

P.s. I plan on doing the work myself , but if someone could answer the "is this possible" question , and maybe offer a useful function I would be very grateful... not looking for handouts :) .

if the page is using php, then you have this option:

you need the php source code for that part of the website & your own webserver with php support. & now you do not need autoit for this.

Option 1) use adblock addon in firefox to just block out the content you do not like [like images/frames etc...]

Another option, if the site is using only flash & javascript, then you do the same thing: open the page source, delete everything you do not like & keep what you want. & then past the source code into empty txt file & rename it to html launch it.

Another option I assume there are frames? Why not simply right click on the page & choose show only this frame?

Another option. you use _INetGetSource function to get the page source code every 2 seconds. You use the code to auto remove lines you do not need & input lines you need into your GUI window you have done with CODA.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

but Firefox CAN save the flash files... and you can make a projector with it... a separate .EXE i did it all the time at school so cause the sites were blocked

Can't help then.... lol