Help with RunWait $filename

Hello Crew

I have been looking for example scripts to see if it can be done and also looking thought helpfile for Variables/Runwait etc...

I was wondering if you can substitute RunWait( "filename"

with:

$Store1 = EnvGet("HomeShare")
$Store2 = "H:\temp";Windows mapped network drive and folder temp
$File1 = @ScriptDir
$File2 = "C:\program files\alpha\101.exe"

RunWait('"$File2" /q /f /s "'  $store2 '"')

Working code:

$MyHomeShare = EnvGet("HomeShare")

RunWait('"PRO.EXE" /q /f /s "' & $MyHomeShare & '\officebkup\officebkup.OPS"');PRO.EXE is located within where the compiled script is being run from

I am still having a hard time working out spaces and quotes, double quotes brackets.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Edited by failedtocompile

Try the help file or searching for RunWait in all the forum. You will see many many examples there.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Try the help file or searching for RunWait in all the forum. You will see many many examples there.

Hi bo8ster

My first post states that I have checked both sources.

But the use of & and " ' does not go into detail in the help file when searching for RunWait .

What i was asking for was someone to help me with where to locate the explanation of implementing & within a script.

I would think someone asking for help in locating "Help" on certain topics is better than someone just continually wanting answers i.e. being slack.

Question still stands, is there a help file that explains the use of & and " '

Thanks in advance

Sorry I did not get your question up front.

The help file provides more of a quick guide of how to use functions. Richard is very experienced so I would assume he like many others here have learnt though experience and asking questions just like you have here. I learnt the & symbol by looking at other scripts. There are some tutorials in my Sig if you are looking more in depth info.

Just Searching, ' " and & is explained in "Language Reference" of the help file.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Sorry I did not get your question up front.

The help file provides more of a quick guide of how to use functions. Richard is very experienced so I would assume he like many others here have learnt though experience and asking questions just like you have here. I learnt the & symbol by looking at other scripts. There are some tutorials in my Sig if you are looking more in depth info.

Just Searching, ' " and & is explained in "Language Reference" of the help file.

Awesome thanks bo8ster will have a look now :)