Newbie help with copy from excel to web form...

Hi there everyone, very new to Autoit (about 30 mins actually) so hope someone can speed me along by helping me with this relatively simple task:

I have a spreadsheet in excel and I have to transfer data from cells in each row (string and numbers) to the relevent fields in a web form.

Doesn't have to open the spreadsheet or navigate to the web form, assume that spreadsheet and web form are up on screen.

Something very simple please so I can learn with it!

I tried doing this with VBA and sendkeys but was too erratic.

Many thanks in advance :)

You can do this easily with the help of the udf provided with the autoit

open help file

go to user defined function

see excel management for functions

you can open your file with _ExcelBookOpen

read the value of the cells and store it in a variable with _ExcelReadCell

and the write the value to specific cell with _ExcelWriteCell

you can use the internet explorer udf for your webform purpose

Edited by Piyush

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="7"]Piyush.....[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]Some Of My Scripts...Cool Font Generator Train Searcher and Tracer[/size][/font]

Many thanks for your prompt reply, glad to know that AutoIt can do this and I will try to follow your guidance but I may need a bit more help with the code, as I said, I'm only an hour into AutoIt! Maybe I'll get back when I've done a bit of experimenting :)

Edited by lentilbake

Many thanks for your prompt reply, glad to know that AutoIt can do this and I will try to follow your guidance but I may need a bit more help with the code, as I said, I'm only an hour into AutoIt! Maybe I'll get back when I've done a bit of experimenting :)

if you are not able to understand any function just read the help file. it is a very good source, i have also learned autoit from there only...

and Welcome

Edited by Piyush

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="7"]Piyush.....[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]Some Of My Scripts...Cool Font Generator Train Searcher and Tracer[/size][/font]