Nebie here - need help launching app and killing process

I am very inexperience with scripting ...I need help in writing a script that will launch an application...wait about two min and end two processes (only one run at a time)

so far i added the applcation to to the registry...i can open it up if i go to start - run - and application. (cannot run it via script).

I am very inexperience with scripting ...I need help in writing a script that will launch an application...wait about two min and end two processes (only one run at a time)

so far i added the applcation to to the registry...i can open it up if i go to start - run - and application. (cannot run it via script).

Run("C:\windows\explorer.exe") ; Will run Explorer
ProcessClose("Explorer.exe") ; Kills Explorer
Sleep(1000)    ; Sleeps for 1 second

That is NOT a script you should run... It just has a few functions you will need to research to accomplish your task. Always remember, people who reply to your posts, will often put about as much effort into answering, as you did asking... :)

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

Thank you very much for your reply. That helps. one more thing please...I need to map a drive. I need to first delete the drive letter X:\ then maps it to a server using the UNC, along with a domain user authentication. Thanks!

Thank you very much for your reply. That helps. one more thing please...I need to map a drive. I need to first delete the drive letter X:\ then maps it to a server using the UNC, along with a domain user authentication. Thanks!

You don't just 'delete' a drive letter... :)

What is drive X: currently? A drive that was already mapped? If so... Here are some more functions for you to look at...

DriveMapDel("X:") ; Un-maps drive X:
DriveMapAdd ( "X:", "\\servername\share" , 0 , "User" , "Password") ;Adds a map to drive 'X', to \\servername\share using "user" as the username, and "password" as the pass

You see '0' in the above "DriveMapAdd" function? It can be replaced, as defined below...

[FLAGS]

A combination of the following:

0 = default

1 = Persistent mapping

8 = Show authentication dialog if required

No offense, but your clearly not using the AutoIt help file, nor Forum search. Utilize both, or expect no answers. That's not saying someone extremely bored (like me) will not answer, but it slims your chances down... :)

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND