Newborn Newbie

Guest spelingChampeon

Guest spelingChampeon

I am merely asking this question, so I dont waste hours upon hours doing something I have never attempted before, as I have no script or programming abilities.

Can I make up a script, that will execute from Windows XP Scheduled Tasks;

upon running, it will go out to our network (mapped drive), grab a copy of a very important file (911 database), then drop that copy on my desktop. I would like to get a backup of this file every week at the least.

Taking that a bit further, do you think a script could also go out and grab a copy of the same file, and burn that file onto a CD in the my CDROM each week? My biggest concern would be that something would happen to the original, but I find that to be remote.

Again, I have never attempted anything like this before, but if it can be done, I will gladly sit down, and do my best.

hi,

simple and fast answer : Yes is possible. The burning part would require external tools, but there are many to find an then to integrate them into an AutoIt script.

Good Luck,

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!