Using Autoit on Hidden Windows?

Hey everyone.

Since i know, there is no way to use the mouse on windows, you cant see, or even work/browse, while your mouse is doing other things,..cause windows supports only 1 mouse.

But wouldn't it be possible to watch a movie, while the mouse operates in your browser?

Maybe theres an chance to realize it with some kind of 2nd desktop.(Virtual)

So your Autoit windows and the mouse are operating on the 2nd desktop while you have fullscreen to watch a movie.

I mean if you had a 2nd monitor it would work of course, but there must be a way to do it virtual

...what do oyu think?

Control functions do the job, but i always make SURE theres no other way to do it before i use them. Its not reliable and its weird lol. If you are operating in a browser you should use _ie functions _IEGetObjById, _IEAction( , "click")......

Edited by darkmaster071

Also look at MouseCoordMode (Option). You will want 0 (default) or 2 set.

You don't have to have the handle to a control, just a window will do.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Bump

Dark was speaking about the wierd problems, that could occur with using controlsend isntead of mouseclick,...and i really would like to know, what this problems could be.

Since i dont wanna spent days in changing my huge script from mousemove/click to controlsend,..only to realise afterwards, that it was a mistake.

thx Leonick

Bump

Dark was speaking about the wierd problems, that could occur with using controlsend isntead of mouseclick,...and i really would like to know, what this problems could be.

Since i dont wanna spent days in changing my huge script from mousemove/click to controlsend,..only to realise afterwards, that it was a mistake.

thx Leonick

Bump

thx Leonick

Firstly _IE is great, there is also a new FF Library. Search for it or it might be in the Beta.

Control Commands are really good but you have to make sure you have the correct control and get the control in a good way. Read the help file, the order given there is the best.

Capture/Replay techniques I do not recommend because if the interface is changed you are stuffed. If the GUI is static and its for regression testing thats great but and different rez, if buttons more, tab order is out or other thinks like that and you will be maintaining that script a lot. Just have big think about what you want to get out of it first.

If it is working for you thats great, I wouldn't change unless you have to but do try and understand the benefit of the Control functions.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]