Child window

Hellou , i m new in C++ , but i think i got talent for it :-) , i made some simple actions and functions , now i want to learn how can i make child window ... Like in autoit. I made two forms , but how can i call second form from first ? thanks..

Yea , maybe , but i would like to learn it now , i have understanded very many and many things in 2 days ... so i think i can understand it now... And now it can be useful , because i m trying to make small program . that needs 2 GUIs

Yeah, and I'd like to be filthy rich beyond my wildest dreams right now, too. Wanting doesn't equal getting. Either learn the language right or don't waste time asking us how to do things because you wish to take a stupid route to your goal.

Dont think so ... I understand almost 90% of my source code ... isnt very big . but i think i know too much in fact that i m studying C++ only 2 days

But well . i should wait with this things...

So you're telling me you understood what you wrote? So the other 10%...did you copy that off a site or book or something? Understanding the code isn't the issue. Do you KNOW the code. As in can you just sit down without looking at resources and write a utility, or program?

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Dont think so ... I understand almost 90% of my source code ... isnt very big . but i think i know too much in fact that i m studying C++ only 2 days

If you think that you have C++ down pat in just 2 days then I'm thinking that either you are the developer of the century OR you are doomed to failure.

But well . i should wait with this things...

Good plan.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Hmm.. well ... but i need guide or something like that , i have installed MSDN library. but it is not good for learning. can someone link me some some good page for learning?

Have you gone through the topics here? They're very well explained and is a good foundation to build on.

Otherwise have a look here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41358

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Hellou , i m new in C++ , but i think i got talent for it :-) , i made some simple actions and functions , now i want to learn how can i make child window ... Like in autoit. I made two forms , but how can i call second form from first ? thanks..

The first window has to be of MDI type. Then you can add child windows to the MDI window. How you do that depends on which GUI interface you are using: MFC, .NET, C function calls, etc.

That said, make sure you have a firm understanding of all the stuff that C++ has in it first before trying to manage GUI elements like these. Do you understand classes, protection and inheritance? Do you understand object-oriented design and how to implement those designs in C++? What are the differences between struct and class? Do you understand all there is about pointers and pointers to objects? Do you understand the differences between * , . , .* , -> , ->* ? Do you know what the "new" and "delete" keywords do and their different forms and when to use them?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then keep learning C++ before trying to manage GUI elements, unless your aim is to generate a Blue Screen of Death. If the answer to any of these questions was "hunh?" or "what is he even talking about?" (expanded form), then you really aren't ready; keep learning and once you can answer yes to ALL these questions, then you can be ready to tackle more complicated things.

I have been teaching C and C++ (on and off) for over a decade. In a full-time class of C++, in the first two days, I would typically be talking about the new things that are in C++ that weren't in C, such as new variable types, a couple of new operators, differences in variable management, references, and things like that. I am teaching about how to do things that the students know how to do in C more efficiently in C++. Next week is object-oriented design and expanding the struct concept to classes. The GUI stuff is still weeks away. If you are doing this for only a hour a day (like in high school), then you probably won't get to GUI work until the end of the semester or maybe even next year. Don't be in a rush.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...