How to remove edit control's outline?

qwert

I've used various "Set" steps to change the color of the font, the background, etc. -- but I've haven't found a way to set the line around an Edit Control to white. Better yet, I'd like to be able to set LineType=none. Is that possible?

Thanks for any assistance.

post-29172-12472672504129_thumb.png

Edit: By the way, I think it's the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE that needs to be removed.

Thanks for the response. I do see that by using the -1 style, there are no borders. However, my control requires only a vertical scroll bar so I define the style with:

GUICtrlCreateEdit("Test", 20, 20, 300, 200, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL)

How can I construct a "take away extended style" setting -- the setting that you mentioned was controlled by WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE?

The -1 is for default value of the function, the 0 in the extended style parameter makes the difference. Have a look at this code as for changing the extended style of already defined control. Only styles or extended styles that are changeable on the fly will reflect the changes, in other words, creating an edit control with it's style set to $ES_PASSWORD can't be changed on the fly latter on and vice versa:

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $hGUI = GUICreate('Test', 200, 200)
Global $Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 20, 20, 160, 160)
Global $hEdit = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1)
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hEdit, $GWL_EXSTYLE, BitAND(_WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hEdit, $GWL_EXSTYLE), BitNOT($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)))

GUISetState()
Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

GUIDelete()
Exit

... the 0 in the extended style parameter makes the difference.

Perfect. That was the part I didn't know. I get just the result I need by using:

GUICtrlCreateEdit("Test", 20, 20, 300, 200, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL, 0)

Thanks very much for your help.

Perfect. That was the part I didn't know. I get just the result I need by using:

GUICtrlCreateEdit("Test", 20, 20, 300, 200, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL, 0)

Thanks very much for your help.

BitOr($ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL) is better and won't produce unexpected results.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

BECAUSE!!!

"bitor ()" and "+"

do different things when combining GUistyle values i would trust Bitor() over + anyday