Folder Encryption

dantay9

I am in the process of making a folder locker. It is getting late here, almost 12:45, so I am going to post what I have. The code is raw and needs a hardcoded password. The idea should help some people. I will try to finish this tommorrow. To install, you must edit the source of SetContextMenu.au3. The password is hardcoded into the command.au3 as a global variable. Here's the source.

Set Context Menu.au3

IDEA File Encryption.au3

Command.au3

Edited by dantay9

Since this is a folder encryption program, what do you think about putting the encrypted password into the encrypted folder? Possibly in the root so I only have to unlock one folder to get to the password.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that would be fine because if someone could get into the folder, the password would be of no use so it really wouldn't matter.

Edited by dantay9

Edit: Now that I think about it, that would be fine because if someone could get into the folder, the password would be of no use so it really wouldn't matter.

Better don't do it... better practice to NEVER save unencrypted passwords... assume someone accesses the folder, okay, this time he's in, but next time if another folder is locked he hasn't any chance to obtain the password easily...