can't get autoit working

hi all

i have been using autoit for a while, but after i reinstalled my windows i cannot get autoit working

when i rightclick and go to new, there is no option for autoit script

anyone have a solution for this please?

thanks

Did you use the full installer?

Check the registry for these keys to be sure they exist and the values are correct.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.au3 The default value should be AutoIt3Script

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.au3\ShellNew The default should be empty and the value FileName should be set to C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\Template.au3. This could vary if your Windows folder path is different as on a different drive or a different Windows folder name.

EDIT: Also make sure that the C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\Template.au3 file exists

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

wen i manually rename the file nothing happens.. and the script wouldnt run

Did you use the full installer?

Check the registry for these keys to be sure they exist and the values are correct.

EDIT: Also make sure that the C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\Template.au3 file exists

and yep i install the full version and C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\Template.au3 also exist

but the script dont seems to work for some reason

I've seen this happening before.

The solution that always worked is quite plain. You need to do the following (even if sounds dumb):

- right click some au3 file

- choose Properties

You will see Opens with: field. Click Change... regardless of current setting.

New window should pop-up.

There you will need to choose AutoIt (v3 Script) - again regardless of whats there (browse if you need to).

Click OK <- this is important of course.

Then click Apply in that first window and then OK.

The change should be instantaneous and all should work well from that point.

If for some reason not, then refresh few times maybe, or restart the system.

That's it. Hope it will work for you. If not... ah well.

I've seen this happening before.

The solution that always worked is quite plain. You need to do the following (even if sounds dumb):

- right click some au3 file

- choose Properties

You will see Opens with: field. Click Change... regardless of current setting.

New window should pop-up.

There you will need to choose AutoIt (v3 Script) - again regardless of whats there (browse if you need to).

Click OK <- this is important of course.

Then click Apply in that first window and then OK.

The change should be instantaneous and all should work well from that point.

If for some reason not, then refresh few times maybe, or restart the system.

That's it. Hope it will work for you. If not... ah well.

nope it didnt work =/

all the files in the examples also doesnt work, and it shows as text document icon instead of the au3 icon

nope it didnt work =/

all the files in the examples also doesnt work, and it shows as text document icon instead of the au3 icon

Would I be asking too much if I would to ask you to do it again, but this time actually use Browse... button in 'Open With' dialog to locate AutoIt3.exe?

You did try running AutoIt3.exe manually (double-click) and all works there? You get 'Run Script:' dialog?

Edited by trancexx

Would I be asking too much if I would to ask you to do it again, but this time actually use Browse... button in 'Open With' dialog to locate AutoIt3.exe?

You did try running AutoIt3.exe manually (double-click) and all works there? You get 'Run Script:' dialog?

yep i used the browse option before cuz it didnt show up in the default

and i tried AutoIt3.exe already

nothing seems to work :/

you did try to reinstal autoit on administrator account? windows version before? windows version now? Do you have something instaleted like Spybot-S&D with TT on it that is not alowing registry changes?

If its look like txt file did you try to go to folder option "hide extension" to turn off so that you can see it corectly?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

you did try to reinstal autoit on administrator account? windows version before? windows version now? Do you have something instaleted like Spybot-S&D with TT on it that is not alowing registry changes?

If its look like txt file did you try to go to folder option "hide extension" to turn off so that you can see it corectly?

nope i didnt install it on the admin acc, and te windows version is vista ultimate and before home premium.. nope i dont have spybot..

i can get the script running now but it still dont show the autoit icon, and when i press new the autoit option does not shows..

Are you installing it from this site or saved exe?

have u installed the full virsion of scite?

i installed it from a saved exe

and yep i got the full scite version

You are saying that AutoIt3.exe isn't working?

... gosh geez, get rid of that AV garbage you have.

itz woking now but not as it did before i reinstalled my windows.. it does now show up when i right clicck on a folder and go to new..