Help with a program?

Hey guys,

I'm after a program that can run in the background of a computer, and when a .exe file is run off a certain drive (E: drive), it closes the .exe and sends a message to the user saying that .exe's should not be run

Would anyone be able to give me an example of how it could be done? If at all?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I'm after a program that can run in the background of a computer, and when a .exe file is run off a certain drive (E: drive), it closes the .exe and sends a message to the user saying that .exe's should not be run

Would anyone be able to give me an example of how it could be done? If at all?

Thanks in advance

We can check your code after you show us what you have tried. And, just for informational purposes, the help file contains everything you need to know when attempting something of such a large magnetude.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It's pretty straightforward, but the real issue comes in with identifying the location of the file because the built in processes of AutoIt only show the filename of the processes, not the file location. Some thoughts:

- You could use the _FileListToArray UDF to create a list of all exe's on the E drive and then check the process name against that closing it if it matches

- You could do the opposite of the above and index all allowed exe's and then any processes not in the allowed list are blocked

- I'm not sure about the OS you are currently on but it may have the option that you can set which forbids execution in a certain directory and you can set that

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]