IE Management

How can I go about logging into a webpage without having a browser open?

I've been looking into _IECreate and various other functions but these are meant for automating IE... I don't want IE open. I just want to be able to login to a site so the program can perform various tasks, all of which without the need of a browser.

Is there a function that can do this?

I'm also trying to find a way to edit an existing file on my server... to no avail.

Edited by Drew

It kind of depends on the tasks you are talking about... we need more information.

However, if you just don't want to see the browser... you can allways have it do its thing in hidden mode.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

It will login to myspace and send out friend requests simply put.

The purpose of the script:

I am a part of a group that plays a game off of myspace and want to make so that each of us can add everyone without the trouble of going through the list and doing it manually. ( Theres over 100 people so its quite a demand to ask everyone to add everyone... ) I'm hoping this will simplify the task.

I know its possible as there are programs that do it , but their for trains and etc... I need one that can add the people I specify so I'm making one myself.

I can elaborate further if needed.

Still looking for a little help with this. Thank you.

Edit:

Sorry , the post lagged... I didn't mean to post this that many times. I deleted them.

Edited by Drew