Widget Engine

Beege

Here is a widget engine that I have been working on for a little bit. How it basically works is by sending messages to what ever widgets you use to show or hide themselves. I wish it was a little smoother but its good enough for right now. One of the features about this engine is being able to turn other scripts you or other people have written into compatible widgets without a lot of work. Pretty much just add a couple of lines and change the location of your Include files and thats it. Right now I have nine example widgets that Ive made. A couple of them are other peoples programs that I thought could make good widgets and wanted to see how easy I could make them compatible. Password generator, Unit converter, Calculator etc. In the widgets folder there is a txt file with instructions on how to make or turn one of your programs into a wiget.

How to use:

Right now I dont have any sort of gui for installing and uninstalling the widgets. I wrote it to launch any script that is in the folder "Widgets". If you dont want the widget to run just remove it from the folder.

F9 key will show/hide the widgets and Alt+Esc keys will exit the program.

Edit: PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET ANY ERRORS!

Edit: I uploaded a new rar to save me some space. Once you extract the Rar file there will be a includes folder. You must copy all include files from your main autoit include folder to it before it will work.

Previous downloads:80

Widget Engine.rar

Edited by Beege

Its not a bad start. I started something like this, but never finished it. It became too involved for me and didn't quite turn out like I had planned. I never did post it either. Tell me if you think I should make a topic for it for others pursuing some of the same goals.

Hey thanks for taking a look.. Im not really sure if you should start a topic of your own considering Franks Gadgets it pretty much the same thing. (isnt it?)