SQL Query execution error Error

Hi Guys,

when I use this SQL connection and execute a query to fetch data, 90% it works fine, but some times It errors out saying -1.... and the hard part of this is it closes the app too. I tried to catch the error to handle it. Please help me to either catch the error or over come it once for all..

post-50561-12478573638805_thumb.gif

Here assume that the where clause is correct and when I hit the search buttom in my application, most of the time it works perfect, but some times out of no reason it errors out and closes, even those when I hit the search button with the same condition.

The reason from console says as -

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\_sql.au3 (262) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$hQuery = $hConHandle.Execute($vQuery)

$hQuery = $hConHandle^ ERROR

Code -

$QueryReportMain = " Select TOP(100) * from ExecutionControl_Tbl where id in (select distinct(id) from ExecutionScripts_Tbl " & $WhereClause & " ) order by id;"
    $QueryReportDetail = "Select TOP(100) Id,Application,Area,Environment,Iterations,Passed,Warnings,Failed,StartTime,EndTime,ExecStatus,ExecBy,ExecTime from ExecutionScripts_Tbl " & $WhereClause & " order by AutoId;"
    _SQL_Startup()
    $forSQLConnect = _sql_Connect(-1, "DBServer1$", "AutomationDB1$", "Auto_User", "autouser")
    $iRval = _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, $QueryReportMain, $aRowMain, $iRowsMain, $iColumnsMain)
    $iRval = _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, $QueryReportDetail, $aRowDetail, $iRowsDetail, $iColumnsDetail)

If _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, $QueryReportMain, $aRowMain, $iRowsMain, $iColumnsMain) = 0 Or _SQL_GetTable2D(-1, $QueryReportMain, $aRowMain, $iRowsMain, $iColumnsMain) = 0 Then
        $ArrayMainForExcel = $aRowMain
        $ArrayDetailForExcel = $aRowDetail
        _ArrayDelete($aRowMain, 0)
        _ArrayDelete($aRowDetail, 0)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListMain))
        _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListMain, $aRowMain)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListDetail))
        _GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListDetail, $aRowDetail)
    Else
        MsgBox(64, "SQL Error : " & $SQL_ERROR, "No data available as per the search condition, Please try again.")
        _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListMain))
        _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(GUICtrlGetHandle($ListDetail))
    EndIf

_SQL_Close()

post-50561-12478573638805_thumb.gif

Edited by Nithyanandam

I got this error now...

What I did is, I kept on hitting the Search button, as if I am doing Stress testing....

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\_sql.au3 (262) : ==> Error in expression.:

$hQuery = $hConHandle.Execute($vQuery)

$hQuery = ^ ERROR

Console error image---

post-50561-12478590551364_thumb.gif

Edited by Nithyanandam

You say you keep hitting the search button this implies that it's part of some larger code.

I would say that your hitting the search button while there is still a query going on. Are you using OnEventMode in your Gui?

It would seem that there is a query that is trying to run before _SQL_Startup() or without an object connection handle.

Do you keep using _Sql_Startup() and _Sql_Close() over and over?

Can you _SQL_Startup() at the beginning of the script and then register the error handler.

Then at the end of the whole script use _Sql_Close()

You say you keep hitting the search button this implies that it's part of some larger code.

I would say that your hitting the search button while there is still a query going on. Are you using OnEventMode in your Gui?

It would seem that there is a query that is trying to run before _SQL_Startup() or without an object connection handle.

Do you keep using _Sql_Startup() and _Sql_Close() over and over?

Can you _SQL_Startup() at the beginning of the script and then register the error handler.

Then at the end of the whole script use _Sql_Close()

I am using _SQL_Startup() for every function and closeing it inside that function as soon as I finished using it, and at one particular time only one query would be fired, since I am using Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1). And the time taken to get the results is just a fraction.

Ok, then I have a 2500 line code, Is it ok to open a SQL link in the first and then close it while the application is closed.

Edited by Nithyanandam

OK, try just leaving _SQL_Startup() at the top with

_SQL_RegisterErrorHandler()

Put _Sql_Connect() and _SQL_Close() back where they were in the function

In case of two functions using the same connection then, if we close one in a Search function, then we wont have a connection at all after that...