Process CPU Usage

Beege

Here is a example for calculating how much CPU your script is using and total cpu usage. Any Ideas on how to make this a better Adlib would be great.. Thanks for looking!

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <array.au3>
HotKeySet('{esc}', '_exit')

Global $ProcessCpu, $TotalCpu, $nProcessCpu, $StartUser, $StartIdle, $StartKernel, $ProcStartKern, $ProcStartUser, $bFirstRun = True
AdlibEnable("_ProcessCalc", 1000)

;A little bit of work to see if its working.
Dim $comboarray, $array[6] = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
$comboarray = _ArrayCombinations($array, 3)

SplashTextOn('Splash', 'message')
While 1
    For $i = 1 To $comboarray[0]
        ControlSetText("Splash", "", "Static1", $comboarray[$i])
        If $nProcessCpu <> $ProcessCpu Then
            $nProcessCpu = $ProcessCpu
            ConsoleWrite('Script Cpu Usage = ' & Round($nProcessCpu, 2) & '%' & @CRLF)
            ConsoleWrite('Total Cpu Usage = ' & Round($TotalCpu, 2) & '%' & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    Next
WEnd

Func _ProcessCalc()
    Local $tProcess, $tSystem, $tSystemt, $hScripthandle = _WinAPI_GetCurrentProcess()
    Local $IDLETIME = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME), $KERNELTIME = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME), $USERTIME = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME)
    Local $PCreationTime = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME), $PExitTime = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME), $PKernelTime = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME), $PUserTime = DllStructCreate($tagFILETIME)
    DllCall('Kernel32.dll', "int", "GetSystemTimes", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($IDLETIME), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($KERNELTIME), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($USERTIME))
    DllCall('Kernel32.dll', "int", "GetProcessTimes", "hwnd", $hScripthandle, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($PCreationTime), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($PExitTime), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($PKernelTime), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($PUserTime))
    If Not $bFirstRun Then
        $tProcess = (DllStructGetData($PKernelTime, 1) - $ProcStartKern) + (DllStructGetData($PUserTime, 1) - $ProcStartUser)
        $tSystem = (DllStructGetData($KERNELTIME, 1) - $StartKernel) + (DllStructGetData($USERTIME, 1) - $StartUser)
        $tSystemt = (($tSystem - (DllStructGetData($IDLETIME, 1) - $StartIdle)) * (100/$tSystem))
    EndIf
    $ProcStartKern = DllStructGetData($PKernelTime, 1)
    $ProcStartUser = DllStructGetData($PUserTime, 1)
    $StartIdle = DllStructGetData($IDLETIME, 1)
    $StartKernel = DllStructGetData($KERNELTIME, 1)
    $StartUser = DllStructGetData($USERTIME, 1)
    If $bFirstRun Then $bFirstRun = False
    $ProcessCpu = ($tProcess / $tSystem) * 100
    $TotalCpu = $tSystemt
EndFunc   ;==>_ProcessCalc

Func _exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_exit
Edited by bchris01

Interesting technique. You need a 'sleep' in the main While loop, and you need to consider multiple CPU's and hyperthreading in order to match it up to the results you see in Task Manager.

..Or you could use something like, say, PDH Performance Counters...hehe. Otherwise, its a pretty cool approach..

Interesting technique. You need a 'sleep' in the main While loop, and you need to consider multiple CPU's and hyperthreading in order to match it up to the results you see in Task Manager.

..Or you could use something like, say, PDH Performance Counters...hehe. Otherwise, its a pretty cool approach..

Im not sure what you mean about the sleep. The main While loop is just there to put a load on the cpu (testing Purposes). If I put a sleep in I would have no load and would make it hard to see if its working. And I'm pretty sure I read that the dll calls "Getsystemtimes" and "GetProcessTimes" return total kernel and user times. Not just single processors. I could be wrong though.. Ill look. Thanks for the comments.

Edited by bchris01

Ahh, okay, didn't get the processor load thing.

*edit: just tried again, and it's reporting relatively correct %'s. Did you change something? I'm certain I was getting 100% usage the first time I ran this on my Quad core CPU.. odd :)

Edited by Ascend4nt

Lol no I didn't change anything. I've been looking at your PDH Performance Counters udf which is sweet. I can't believe I haven't seen that before!