Vbscript to Autoit

• Moderators

Boy O' Boy :D

I finished a script yesterday that helps my Loan Officers, determine the perfect Loan program for each of our clients, based on their Credit/Income/etc... It gives current DTI and max loan amounts and I love it.

I was going to give it to them last night and I realized that Loan Officers do have a turn over rate since it's a commission business, and for the good ones there is always someone willing to buy them. For the weak ones, I thought this would help them to succeed, the client would be 100% satisfied that all 10,000 loan products were researched for their specific situation, as well as benefit our company at the same time.

So, I was searching through the forum for some protection ideas, and I found 1 that I "thought" fit my needs perfectly. 'ASProtect', the only problem is, that because of the Autoit compiler, it doesn't have the right information needed to perform the task.

As I read further, I saw that VBscript had the same problem with them, and they give a work around for them (what's up w/ that Autoit's the way to go!! For this noob anyway)

The only problem? -- I'm still learning Autoit's novice sections and have absolutely no idea on how to translate VBs to Autoit. I've tried for 6 hours and no closer then the man on the moon :).

So, I'm hoping that someone would be willing to help me out with the translation.

Please Please Please :D

Function GetRegName() As String
   Dim RegName As String
   ' Receive a Registration Info from API's apiGetRegInfo function
   RegName = String$(255, 0)
   GetRegName = Left(RegName, apiGetRegistrationBuffer(RegName, InStr(RegName, Chr(0)) - 1))
End Function

Function GetHardwareID() As String
    Dim HardwareID As String
    ' Receive a hardware ID Info from API's apiGethardwareID function
    HardwareID = String$(255, 0)
    GetHardwareID = Left(HardwareID, apiGetHardwareID(HardwareID, InStr(HardwareID, Chr(0)) - 1))
End Function

MsgBox "Unregistered version! You have" + Str(apiGetTrialDays) + " day(s) left !", vbCritical

Const asBEGIN1 = "[MARK_BEGIN1]"
RegInfo = "Registered version" + Chr(13) + Chr(10) + "User : " + RegInfo
MsgBox RegInfo, vbInformation, "Registration Info"
Const asEND1 = "[MARK_END1]"
Const asBEGIN2 = "[MARK_BEGIN2]"
MsgBox "Registered Action !", vbInformation, "Registration Info"
Const asEND2 = "[MARK_END2]"

Dim RegInfo As String
RegInfo = GetRegName
If Len(RegInfo) <> 0 Then
' Registered version 
Const asBEGIN1 = "[MARK_BEGIN1]"
Const asEND1 = "[MARK_END1]"
Else
'Unregistered version 
End If

Wish there was a translation button in the menu bars like googles tranlation of languages for websites....lol

Thanks in advance

Ron

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Well 4 hours and no results, either the forum is slow!!! or it's a stupid question. Sorry if so :)

Ron

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well 4 hours and no results, either the forum is slow!!! or it's a stupid question.  Sorry if so :)

Ron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you'll have much better luck if you ask a direct question in a sentence or two...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

Yeh, your right, I tend to get long winded... it's the salesmen in me, want to cover all bases so I don't have to redirect.

• Moderators

Well, I'm assumming it's from the ASProtect "api" is. In ASProtect the VBscript help it shows as follows:

Their calls are described as follows:

Declare Function apiGetRegistrationBuffer Lib "asprotect.dll" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal nSize As Long) As Long

Declare Function apiGetHardwareID Lib "asprotect.dll" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal nSize As Long) As Long

Declare Function apiGetTrialDays Lib "asprotect.dll" () As Long

Declare Function apiGetTrialExecs Lib "asprotect.dll" () As Long

apiGetRegistrationBuffer function passes the pointer to the lpBuffer buffer which is of size nSize and receives the string, that contains the name of the user. This is the sample of how to get the name of the registered user :

It's a free download if anyone wants to take a look (just a shot in the dark) Asprotect Homepage

Thanks for the response ya'll.

Ron

Edited by ronsrules

• Moderators

If StringLen($RegInfo) <> 0 Then
 ; Registered version 
   $Const $asBEGIN1 = "[MARK_BEGIN1]"

$Const $asEND1 = "[MARK_END1]"
Else
 ;Unregistered version 
EndIf

Was the $Const on purpose?, all the same even w/ getting the syntax errors out, the ASProtect still doesn't work. Thanks for breaking from the wife. Mines losing patience herself.

Ron