incorporate vbs into autoit script

Embarassingly..... I had never thought of that.... and YES that would work magically

If I could run the login command "QCConnection.Login sUserName, sPassword" after running the aut login to get sUserName, sPassword

and then run this code to get the domain that the user is associated with (not allowing them to key it in anymore)

m_server.userName = sUserName

m_server.UserPassword = sPassword

' login to the project

m_server.LoginToProject

and receive the domain and project details

' retrieve all the domains projects from the TDServer

m_server.EnumDomains domainArray

If UBound(domainArray) <= 0 Then Exit Sub

For i = 1 To UBound(domainArray)

cbDomainList.AddItem domainArray(i)

If domainName = domainArray(i) Then

cbDomainList.value = domainName

End If

Next i

If cbDomainList.value = "" Then

cbDomainList.value = domainArray(1) ' default

End If

I could then edit the file to replace the domain details, prompt for report types and edit the file to enter these then run the file

Yes thats a plan - before I go this way - can I run this after receiving the login values?

"QCConnection.Login sUserName, sPassword" so I can get the domain values - then I'll try and get the domain values and prompt for report types - and then edit the file to run the report. Can you help me with that for a start?

I've lost the bubble on what you still need help with. It sounds like you know what you want to do now, what's your first step? Is the AutoIt script to collect the username/password done already? Do you know how to FileCopy() and then edit the VBScript?

>_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

don't know autoit - thats the prob

If you know any VBScript, you won't have any trouble picking up AutoIt. Start with downloading the full version of both AutoIt and the SciTE4AutoIt3 editor. Study the help file (AutoIt3.chm) which has some basic tutorials and the full function reference, including example scripts.

>_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law