WinAPIEx UDF

Yashied

An API alternative to FileExist >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

But why? FileExists() works fine. Anyway, I added a _WinAPI_FileExists() in the latest release, but it has differences.

Yeh I saw that version with the @extended value, I've moved the code to the wrapper thread as an alternative. When I posted I was torn at which thread I should place this in.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Hello :)

Thanks a lot for this library, it makes me avoid hours of mind torture to convert MSDN functions to AutoIt able to use these functions ^^'.

I've got a problem with _WinAPI_GetFinalPathNameByHandleEx() (I also tried with _WinAPI_GetFinalPathNameByHandle() ), I'm using Win7 x64 and AutoIt 3.3.8 x86.

It works perfectly with files but doesn't with folders. I'm trying to use this function to retrieve easily the target of a symbolic link or a junction.

By the way, as I'm here, would it be possible for you to add the FindFirstFileName() and FindNextFileName() functions? I already try several times to convert them without success, it seems easy to do but in fact it isn't.. at least for me.

Their purpose is to find all filenames (and their paths) attached to an MFT entry, it is useful to list all hard links attached to a single file.

Cheers!

By the way, as I'm here, would it be possible for you to add the FindFirstFileName() and FindNextFileName() functions? I already try several times to convert them without success, it seems easy to do but in fact it isn't.. at least for me.

Their purpose is to find all filenames (and their paths) attached to an MFT entry, it is useful to list all hard links attached to a single file.

It was already added in the latest version.

It wasn't, you added FindFirstFile/FindNextFile() but not FindFirstFileName/FindNextFileName().

But anyway, the important part of my previous message was, excluding the thanks part, the problem with _WinAPI_GetFinalPathNameByHandleEx() :)

Edited by AvvA

I'm confused, sorry Yashied and thanks wraithdu.

I looked at a folder like if it was a file, like it is physically, wrong angle...

I succeed to use this flag with _WinAPI_CreateFileEx() (can' figure it out with _WinAPI_CreateFile), and indeed now I've got the target paths of junctions and symbolic links, that's great!

Thanks a lot for answering my newbie question. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Just saw this great UDF.

There are a lot of very usefull functions in it!

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Would it be possible to add the _WinAPI_BackupRead, _WinAPI_BackupWrite and _WinAPI_BackupSeek functions?

With this functions it would be possible to save files including the security informations!

And are there any examples to this functions? I'd like to use theese functions, but at the moment, I wasn't able to convert them into AutoIt.

Thank you very much!

Veronesi

Edited by veronesi

Would it be possible to add the _WinAPI_BackupRead, _WinAPI_BackupWrite and _WinAPI_BackupSeek functions?

With this functions it would be possible to save files including the security informations!

And are there any examples to this functions? I'd like to use theese functions, but at the moment, I wasn't able to convert them into AutoIt.

#Include <APIConstants.au3>
#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Global Const $ACCESS_SYSTEM_SECURITY = 0x01000000

Global $aAdjust, $aPrivileges[3] = [$SE_BACKUP_NAME, $SE_RESTORE_NAME, $SE_SECURITY_NAME]
Global $hFile, $pBuffer, $pContext, $Bytes = 4096
Global $sFile = @ScriptFullPath

$hToken = _WinAPI_OpenProcessToken(BitOR($TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES, $TOKEN_QUERY))
_WinAPI_AdjustTokenPrivileges($hToken, $aPrivileges, $SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED, $aAdjust)

$pBuffer = _WinAPI_CreateBuffer($Bytes)

$pContext = 0
$hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFileEx($sFile, $OPEN_EXISTING, BitOR($GENERIC_READ, $ACCESS_SYSTEM_SECURITY))
_WinAPI_BackupRead($hFile, $pBuffer, $Bytes, $Bytes, $pContext, 0, 1)
_WinAPI_BackupRead(0, 0, 0, $Bytes, $pContext, 1)
_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFile)

$pContext = 0
$hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFileEx(_WinAPI_PathRenameExtension($sFile, '.bak'), $CREATE_ALWAYS, BitOR($GENERIC_WRITE, $WRITE_DAC, $WRITE_OWNER))
_WinAPI_BackupWrite($hFile, $pBuffer, $Bytes, $Bytes, $pContext, 0, 1)
_WinAPI_BackupWrite(0, 0, 0, $Bytes, $pContext, 1)
_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFile)

_WinAPI_FreeMemory($pBuffer)

_WinAPI_AdjustTokenPrivileges($hToken, $aAdjust, 0, $aAdjust)
_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hToken)

Func _WinAPI_BackupRead($hFile, $pBuffer, $iLenght, ByRef $iBytes, ByRef $pContext, $fAbort = 0, $fSecurity = 0)

If Not $fAbort Then
        $iBytes = 0
    EndIf

Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'BackupRead', 'ptr', $hFile, 'ptr', $pBuffer, 'dword', $iLenght, 'dword*', 0, 'int', $fAbort, 'int', $fSecurity, 'ptr*', $pContext)

If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    If Not $fAbort Then
        $iBytes = $Ret[4]
    EndIf
    $pContext = $Ret[7]
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_BackupRead

Func _WinAPI_BackupSeek($hFile, $iSeek, ByRef $iBytes, ByRef $pContext)

$iBytes = 0

Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'BackupSeek', 'ptr', $hFile, 'dword', _WinAPI_LoDWord($iSeek), 'dword', _WinAPI_HiDWord($iSeek), 'dword*', 0, 'dword*', 0, 'ptr*', $pContext)

Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    $iBytes = _WinAPI_MakeQWord($Ret[4], $Ret[5])
    $pContext = $Ret[6]
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_BackupSeek

Func _WinAPI_BackupWrite($hFile, $pBuffer, $iLenght, ByRef $iBytes, ByRef $pContext, $fAbort = 0, $fSecurity = 0)

If Not $fAbort Then
        $iBytes = 0
    EndIf

Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'BackupWrite', 'ptr', $hFile, 'ptr', $pBuffer, 'dword', $iLenght, 'dword*', 0, 'int', $fAbort, 'int', $fSecurity, 'ptr*', $pContext)

Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    If Not $fAbort Then
        $iBytes = $Ret[4]
    EndIf
    $pContext = $Ret[7]
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_BackupWrite
Edited by Yashied

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give me some cursor example from resource?

#Region
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=ResHacker.exe -add "%out%", "%out%", Lens.cur, 12, 100,
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=ResHacker.exe -add "%out%", "%out%", Move.cur, 12, 101,
;~#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=UtilitiesUpx.exe %out% --best --no-backup --overlay=copy --compress-exports=1 --compress-resources=0 --strip-relocs=1
#EndRegion

#Include <APIConstants.au3>
#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Global $hForm, $hInstance, $hLens, $hMove, $Label

$hForm = GUICreate("MyProg", 300, 300)
$hInstance = _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle('')
$hLens = _WinAPI_LoadCursor($hInstance, 100)
$hMove = _WinAPI_LoadCursor($hInstance, 101)
$Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 60, 60, 180, 180)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFD0D0)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SETCURSOR, "WM_SETCURSOR")
GUISetState()

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func WM_SETCURSOR($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Local $aInfo

Switch $hWnd
        Case $hForm
            $aInfo = GUIGetCursorInfo($hForm)
            If (Not @error) And ($aInfo[4] = $Label) Then
                If $aInfo[2] Then
                    _WinAPI_SetCursor($hMove)
                Else
                    _WinAPI_SetCursor($hLens)
                EndIf
                Return 1
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_SETCURSOR

Cursor.zip

If you want to learn more about the resources in AutoIt, follow this link (Russian).

:oops:

EDIT:

An example with a mixed resources.

ListBox.zip

Edited by Yashied

The library has been updated.

v3.7

• Added the following functions.

_WinAPI_AdjustBitmap

_WinAPI_CreateColorAdjustment

_WinAPI_BackupRead

_WinAPI_BackupReadAbort

_WinAPI_BackupSeek

_WinAPI_BackupWrite

_WinAPI_BackupWriteAbort

_WinAPI_CompareString

_WinAPI_CompressBuffer

_WinAPI_ConfirmCredentials

_WinAPI_CreateDirectory

_WinAPI_CreateHardLink

_WinAPI_CreateProcessWithToken

_WinAPI_CreateSymbolicLink

_WinAPI_DecompressBuffer

_WinAPI_DecryptFile

_WinAPI_DrawFocusRect

_WinAPI_DuplicateEncryptionInfoFile

_WinAPI_DuplicateTokenEx

_WinAPI_EncryptFile

_WinAPI_EncryptionDisable

_WinAPI_EnumDisplayMonitors

_WinAPI_EnumFiles

_WinAPI_EnumFileStreams

_WinAPI_EnumHardLinks

_WinAPI_EnumSystemGeoID

_WinAPI_FileEncryptionStatus

_WinAPI_FindCloseChangeNotification

_WinAPI_FindFirstChangeNotification

_WinAPI_FindFirstFileName

_WinAPI_FindNextChangeNotification

_WinAPI_FindNextFileName

_WinAPI_GetColorAdjustment

_WinAPI_GetFileID

_WinAPI_GetFilePointerEx

_WinAPI_GetGeoInfo

_WinAPI_GetGlyphOutline

_WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo

_WinAPI_GetObjectInfoByHandle

_WinAPI_GetStretchBltMode

_WinAPI_GetSystemDefaultLangID

_WinAPI_GetThreadLocale

_WinAPI_GetThreadUILanguage

_WinAPI_GetUserDefaultLangID

_WinAPI_GetUserGeoID

_WinAPI_GetVolumeInformation

_WinAPI_GetVolumeInformationByHandle

_WinAPI_GetWindowRgnBox

_WinAPI_HashData

_WinAPI_HashString

_WinAPI_IsElevated

_WinAPI_LoadStringEx

_WinAPI_MonitorFromPoint

_WinAPI_MonitorFromRect

_WinAPI_MonitorFromWindow

_WinAPI_ParseURL

_WinAPI_ParseUserName

_WinAPI_ReadDirectoryChanges

_WinAPI_SetColorAdjustment

_WinAPI_SetFileShortName

_WinAPI_SetThreadLocale

_WinAPI_SetThreadUILanguage

_WinAPI_SetUserGeoID

_WinAPI_ShellUserAuthenticationDlg

_WinAPI_ShellUserAuthenticationDlgEx

_WinAPI_UrlApplyScheme

_WinAPI_UrlCanonicalize

_WinAPI_UrlCombine

_WinAPI_UrlCompare

_WinAPI_UrlHash

_WinAPI_VerQueryValueEx

• Added examples for the functions above.
  • Removed the following functions.

_WinAPI_GetFileSize (use _WinAPI_GetFileSizeEx)

_WinAPI_LZNTCompress (use _WinAPI_CompressBuffer)

_WinAPI_LZNTDecompress (use _WinAPI_DecompressBuffer)

_WinAPI_ResizeBitmap (use _WinAPI_AdjustBitmap)

_WinAPI_ShutdownDlg (unnecessary)

_WinAPI_UrlEscape (use _WinAPI_UrlCanonicalize)

_WinAPI_UrlUnescape (use _WinAPI_UrlCanonicalize)

• Added $tagFILE_ID_DESCRIPTOR structure.
  • Added one optional parameter in _WinAPI_RegSaveKey() function, see its description.
  • Added one optional parameter in _WinAPI_GetFileVersionInfo() function, see its description.
  • The third and fourth parameters in _WinAPI_OpenFileById() function are now optional (similar to _WinAPI_CreateFileEx()).
  • The following functions now works with pointers instead of structures, see its description.

_WinAPI_CompressBitmapBits

_WinAPI_GetEnhMetaFileBits

_WinAPI_GetFileVersionInfo

_WinAPI_SetEnhMetaFileBits

• The _WinAPI_DeleteObjectID(), _WinAPI_RegRestoreKey(), and _WinAPI_RegSaveKey() functions are no longer enables the necessary privileges to themselves.
  • The _WinAPI_GetCompression() function now returns (-1) instead of 0 if an error occured.
  • The _WinAPI_OpenFileById() function now can work with file identifiers (FileID).
  • The _WinAPI_SetStretchBltMode() function now returns the previous stretching mode.
  • The _WinAPI_VerQueryRoot() and _WinAPI_VerQueryValue() functions has been rewrited to work with pointers, instead of files, see its description.
  • Fixed examples for some functions.
  • Updated documentation.

Thanks Yashied.

This is no biggy but in the example for _WinAPI_GetVolumeInformation it should be length not lenght.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Yashied,

The ZIP files both contain the exact same version of WinAPIEx.au3. How I found out was I got a couple of errors (fixed my side) when compiling a script.

I'm using AutoIt V3.3.8.1 as well as the beta.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: