WinAPIEx UDF

Yashied

btw anyone happen to know an easy to comprehend free diff tool for win32? Every time I update WinAPIEx I struggle for an hour trying to merge the user calltips with the ones I've added myself. I tried WinMerge. I think I got it to work as expected one time. Otherwise it's faster to just load the 2 calltip files in tabs on EditPadLite7 and just copy and paste. It's a real time waster. Seems no matter which way I merge with WinMerge I end up with a calltips file that's smaller than the one included with WinAPIEx. Driving me nuts. :oops:

Edited by MilesAhead

I use WinMerge and also TextDiff >> http://www.angusj.com/delphi/textdiff.html (which is Portable)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

chs131738,

What has this to do with the WinAPIEx UDF? :oops:

And if you are looking for the AutoIt source, it is not been available for many years. The last version for which the source was released was v3.1.0 - you can download it from here but it bears little resemblance to the current code after another 7 years of development. :bye:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

mat,

If you are right then you are a better interpreter than I am! :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Yashied, it seems that microsoft updated the Dism API, can add them (the function of dism) in WinAPIEx UDF, I think it would be very useful (dism makes many useful tasks also online mod, now need only use the DismApi.dll already present by default in Windows 8)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh825834.aspx

sorry for my english

Ciao.

Edited by DXRW4E

apps-odrive.pngdrive_app_badge.png box-logo.png new_logo.png MEGA_Logo.png

Hmm, I've been trying to merge WinAPIEx.chm into the autoit help. I've gotten so far as the entries are added to the table of contents and they bring up the help page, but the index entries are not shown. I noticed on decompile that the hhk file has all double Name entries like this:

<LI> <OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
        <param name="Name" value="_WinAPI_AddFontResourceEx">
        <param name="Name" value="_WinAPI_AddFontResourceEx">
        <param name="Local" value="html/libfunctions/_WinAPI_AddFontResourceEx.htm">
        </OBJECT>

I'm wondering if that's the issue. But since there's over 4000 lines I'm reluctant to edit by hand.

edit: I removed the dupes and it had no effect. Weird how it doesn't want to merge the index. Oh well, I never liked working with HtmlHelp anyway. .hlp was a lot cleaner.

edit2: found an aggregate tool that seemed to work. Haven't checked it extensively yet. But pressing F1 on a WinAPIEx function in SciTE brought it up correctly!!! I just renamed the output .chm and .chw files with AutoIt basename and placed them in the AutoIt3 folder. :oops: Google Chm Aggregator if you wish to try it. The trick seems to be to load in all the .chm files you wish to aggregate, before selecting a file name for the aggregate .chm file.

Edited by MilesAhead

Check out the help-file example for _WinAPI_GetDriveGeometryEx(), run this function in a loop to iterate the number of HDDs installed.

lol I just finished this but using wmi.. ill try with that also so i dont have to add the wmi patch to my boot.wim

In _WinAPI_SetFileInformationByHandleEx $tIOSB isn't used.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi All,

Thank you for these great WinAPI functions :oops:

My first post with these 2 small possible additions, if it's good, LCIDToLocaleName and LocaleNameToLCID

I expected to find the LocaleName (fr-FR) in _WinAPI_GetLocaleInfo, but not.

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_LCIDToLocaleName
; Description....: Converts a locale identifier to a locale name.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_LCIDToLocaleName ( $LCID )
; Parameters.....: $LCID   - The locale identifier (LCID) that specifies the locale or one of the following predefined values.
;
;                           $LOCALE_INVARIANT
;                           $LOCALE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT
;                           $LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT
;
;                           Windows Vista or later
;
;                           $LOCALE_CUSTOM_DEFAULT
;                           $LOCALE_CUSTOM_UI_DEFAULT
;                           $LOCALE_CUSTOM_UNSPECIFIED
;
; Return values..: Success - String containing the locale name.
;                 Failure - Empty string and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Author.........: ChrisR
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: None
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ LCIDToLocaleName
; Example........: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _WinAPI_LCIDToLocaleName($LCID)
Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'LCIDToLocaleName', 'ulong', $LCID, 'wstr', '', 'int', 500, 'int', 0)
    If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
  Return SetError(1, 0, '')
EndIf
Return $Ret[2]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_LCIDToLocaleName

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_LocaleNameToLCID
; Description....: Converts a locale name to a locale identifier.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_LocaleNameToLCID ( $LocaleName )
; Parameters.....: $LocaleName - The locale Name or one of the following predefined values.
;
;                           $LOCALE_NAME_INVARIANT
;                           $LOCALE_NAME_SYSTEM_DEFAULT
;                           $LOCALE_NAME_USER_DEFAULT
;
; Return values..: Success - String containing the locale identifier (LCID).
;                 Failure  - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Author.........: ChrisR
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: None
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ LocaleNameToLCID
; Example........:
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _WinAPI_LocaleNameToLCID($LocaleName)
Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'LocaleNameToLCID', 'wstr', $LocaleName, 'int', 0)
    If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
  Return SetError(1, 0, '')
EndIf
Return $Ret[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_LocaleNameToLCID