WinAPIEx UDF

Yashied

If those functions were renamed it could be added to the WinAPI family of UDFs.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If those functions were renamed it could be added to the WinAPI family of UDFs.

There is still a lot of testing and example writing to do for them, and some documenting as well.

I also think there are enough of them that they can stay as _Console_ functions rather than adding to the already huge collection of winapi functions.

There is still a lot of testing and example writing to do for them, and some documenting as well.

I also think there are enough of them that they can stay as _Console_ functions rather than adding to the already huge collection of winapi functions.

I concur. Good UDF, but best left out of WinAPI. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 2 months later...

It seems something in the latest AutoIt stable release breaks _WinAPI_GetProcessCommandLine()

I installed AutoIt and programs that showed command line info using this function stopped doing so. I put 3.3.8.1 back on, recompiled, and all was well.

I found that compiling my utility as a 64 bit program, I was able to obtain the command line args for both 32 and 64 bit programs on Windows 8.0 x64. Functions that return the program's working directory and complete path still work fine. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

It seems something in the latest AutoIt stable release breaks _WinAPI_GetProcessCommandLine()

I installed AutoIt and programs that showed command line info using this function stopped doing so. I put 3.3.8.1 back on, recompiled, and all was well.

I found that compiling my utility as a 64 bit program, I was able to obtain the command line args for both 32 and 64 bit programs on Windows 8.0 x64. Functions that return the program's working directory and complete path still work fine. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

The example in the help file works for me.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

64-bit on Windows 8.1 x64 with AutoIt v3.3.10.0. The issue you're stating isn't with WinAPIEx.au3 and thus should have been brought up in a new thread in GHS.

UDF List:

• 1 month later...

Included in the latest AutoIt.

UDF List:

• 3 weeks later...

Some other functions in case someone need them.

Global Const $tagMSG = "HWND hwnd;UINT message;WPARAM wParam;LPARAM lParam;DWORD time;ptr pt"

Func _WinAPI_GetMessage($tMsg, $hWnd = 0, $iMsgFilterMin = 0, $iMsgFilterMax = 0)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "GetMessage", "struct*", DllStructGetPtr($tMsg), "hwnd", $hWnd, "uint", $iMsgFilterMin, "uint", $iMsgFilterMax)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)

Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

Func _WinAPI_TranslateMessage($tMsg)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "TranslateMessage", "struct*", DllStructGetPtr($tMsg))

Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

Func _WinAPI_DispatchMessage($tMsg)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "DispatchMessage", "struct*", DllStructGetPtr($tMsg))

Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

Func _WinAPI_PostQuitMessage($iExitCode = 0)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "none", "PostQuitMessage", "int", $iExitCode)

Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc
;usage
Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Local $tMsg = DllStructCreate($tagMSG)

While _WinAPI_GetMessage($tMsg, $hWnd)
    _WinAPI_TranslateMessage($tMsg)
    _WinAPI_DispatchMessage($tMsg)

ConsoleWrite("msg: " & DllStructGetData($tMsg, "message") & @Lf)
WEnd

_WinAPI_PostQuitMessage()
Edited by FireFox

Why not add to AutoIt*?

* If you feel it is beneficial on a community level.

UDF List:

• 11 months later...

Should you ever get the function header info completed and submit these for inclusion into the WinAPI.au3 include file, you should be aware that some of these functions have close relatives already present in existing UDF files.

_WinAPI_FileTimeToLocalFileTime similar as _Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime

_WinAPI_FileTimeToSystemTime similar as _Date_Time_FileTimeToSystemTime

_WinAPI_FreeHandle similar as _WinAPI_CloseHandle

_WinAPI_FreeIcon similar as _WinAPI_DestroyIcon

_WinAPI_FreeObject similar as _WinAPI_DeleteObject

_WinAPI_GetWorkArea similar as _WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo

_WinAPI_GlobalSize similar as _MemGlobalSize

_WinAPI_KillTimer similar as _Timer_KillTimer

Or adding examples to the existing functions in the help file would be helpful.

You do good work.
Thanks for sharing. 

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Matt_Murdoch,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

Most of the function in this UDF are now included in the standard AutoIt install, so there is no need to download it.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area