How do I get the PID from Window Name?

So basically, I use wingetprocess("process1") to get the pid, but the process is being hidden now. (typical mmorpgs. lol.)

I want to use the window list to obtain the PID. I have searched for hours and have come across the following links:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98182&st=0&p=706684&hl=PID&fromsearch=1&#entry706684

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97833&st=0&p=703478&hl=GetWindowThreadProcessId&fromsearch=1&#entry703478

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98180&st=0&p=706333&hl=PID&fromsearch=1&#entry706333

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71612

I haven't gotten any straight answers from these, but my answer may lie with winapi getfocus.

i was also hoping winlist could be used to get the pid. anyone know what i could do?

ProcessList?

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Elaborate more, edit memory is not specific enough. What is the name of the process?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

wouldn't you like to know? lol. its TwelveSky2.exe

my intentions should be obvious. :) i want to change the values of some addresses to improve my bot script.

Ya, obvious..

ProcessList will give you the list of process running the same way tasklist will.

changing address, I have no idea what your trying to do.

Post what you have tried and where you are having trouble.

Okay, so this is what I used to have that worked.

$TwelveSky2= WinGetProcess("TwelveSky2")

Const $AnimAdr = 0x00C85D97, $RevValue = 0

func Revive()

$Mem_Open = _MemoryOpen($TwelveSky2)

_MemoryWrite($AnimAdr, $Mem_Open, $RevValue)

_MemoryClose($Mem_Open)

EndFunc

It was on a toggle button. Was planning on making it auto revive me in game. So basically the Process "TwelveSky2" doesn't exist because another file, dunmgr.des, is hiding the process name.

Using a cheatengine, the process is hidden also, but luckily for the CE it has the option to choose window list and therefore regains the ability to attach itself to the game, enabling us to change addresses to gain an advantage over others.