Pgm loop works 1st time and partially thereafter

Hello everyone!

I hope someone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong in the following script.

What is supposed to happen is that the script reads the records (record layout is AAAAAAN.NNN.NNN) in a file (loaded by me) and for each record it substrings the information into a window and runs a report, output as a .PDF.

When there is only 1 record, it works properly. The problem is when there is more than one record, the 1st record works properly and the following records output a blank form, which I have to fill manually, instead of being automatically filled in with the record data and after that is done, I press "continue" it then proceeds to fill in the 2nd form and run the job.

Thank you very much for your help!

JohnJonzz

;================================================

; Print Software Components by Custom Parts |

;================================================

AutoItSetOption("WinWaitDelay", 200)

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 0)

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 25)

;========================================

; Open file for reading

$file = FileOpen("c:\Auto_SolutionToProcess.txt", 0)

; Check if file opened for reading OK

If $file = -1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")

Exit

EndIf

; Read in 1 record at a time until EOF is reached

While 1

$line = FileReadLine($file)

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop

If Not StringIsSpace($line) Then

$Prjinit = StringLeft($line, 2)

$PrjinitSeq = StringMid($line, 3, 5)

$PrjPart = StringMid($line, 9, 3)

$PrjCustPart = StringRight($line, 3)

ShellExecutewait("Dev0 - PrintSoftwareCompbyCustomPart.bwc", "", "C:\Program Files\Baan\lib\user\")

WinWaitActive("ttadv1476m000 : Print Software Components by Customization Part [000]", "")

Send("{SHIFTDOWN}" & $Prjinit & "{SHIFTUP}" & $PrjinitSeq & "{TAB}{TAB}" & $PrjPart & "{TAB}{TAB}" & $PrjCustPart & "{TAB}{TAB}")

Send("^y")

WinWaitActive("ttstpsplopen : Select Device [000]", "")

Send("{TAB}{TAB}PDFCONV{TAB}\\a2473\c$\" & $Prjinit & "{SHIFTUP}" & $PrjinitSeq & $PrjPart & $PrjCustPart & "{TAB}")

Send("^y")

WinWaitActive("ttadv1476m000 : Print Software Components by Customization Part [000]", "", "")

If @error = -1 Then

MsgBox(2, "Error", "Unable to print.")

EndIf

Sleep(250)

WinClose("ttadv1476m000 : Print Software Components by Customization Part [000]", "")

Sleep(125)

EndIf

WEnd

FileClose($file)

;++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's just an observation, and maybe not your problem; you're using WinWaitActive(), but not actually making sure that the window is activated, so the script could be waiting until that window is active. You should use a combination of winwait() and winactivate() instead to ensure that you're getting the window you want.

It's just an observation, and maybe not your problem; you're using WinWaitActive(), but not actually making sure that the window is activated, so the script could be waiting until that window is active. You should use a combination of winwait() and winactivate() instead to ensure that you're getting the window you want.

Frog, sorry it took a while to respond. Your observation was right on (and yes, it was my problem). As per your suggestion I replaced the WINWAITACTIVE(), after the SEND..., with WINWAIT..., followed by IF NOT WINACTIVE... THEN WINACTIVATE... and it worked great. Thank you very much!