VirtualAllocEx in AutoIt?

i'm trying to allocate some virtual memory so i can save information to it... is there a way to do it in AutoIt such as a function that AutoIt contains or perhaps one that someone has wrote? kind of like VirtualAllocEx?

Edited by SomeoneHere

alright, so i'm having trouble... no matter what i do, i always get 0x00000000 returned as the allocated memory's address... i tried setting $pAddress to both 0 and -1 (to have hopefully have it choose for me like VirtualAllocEx()) but nothing >_< ...

#include "NomadMemory.au3"
#Include <Memory.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

While 1
    If WinActive("Conquer") == 1 Then ;check if CO is the active window
            $PID = WinGetProcess("[ACTIVE]", "")

$MemID = _MemoryOpen($PID)

$baseAddrs = _MemVirtualAllocEx($MemID,0x00800000,128,$MEM_COMMIT,$PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)

_MemoryWrite($baseAddrs, $MemID, 0x1a7f8ae8)

MsgBox(0,"",$baseAddrs)

MsgBox(0,"","0x" & hex(_MemoryRead($MemID,$baseAddrs),8))
    EndIf
WEnd

this is NomadMemory.au3 http://pastebin.com/mb725101

Edited by SomeoneHere

_MemoryOpen() returns an array type, but the _MemVirtualAllocEx() expects a handle. If the call to _MemoryOpen() was successful then the handle is stored in $MemID[1]. Read the description of each function (even the UDF's which are not part of the AutoIt native UDF) before you're using it.

_MemoryOpen() returns an array type, but the _MemVirtualAllocEx() expects a handle. If the call to _MemoryOpen() was successful then the handle is stored in $MemID[1]. Read the description of each function (even the UDF's which are not part of the AutoIt native UDF) before you're using it.

thank you for the explanation id rather much prefer a "this is what your doing wrong" then "this is what you have to do", that explains y i could never get anything from MsgBox(0,"",$MemID)... i should of done MsgBox(0,"",$MemID[1])... but anyway i changed it, and i still get the same results... also... if i leave $pAddress at 0, will it allocate the memory to a region for me?

lpAddress [in, optional]

The pointer that specifies a desired starting address for the region of pages that you want to allocate.

If you are reserving memory, the function rounds this address down to the nearest multiple of the allocation granularity.

If you are committing memory that is already reserved, the function rounds this address down to the nearest page boundary. To determine the size of a page and the allocation granularity on the host computer, use the GetSystemInfo function.

If lpAddress is NULL, the function determines where to allocate the region.

this is my code now, and i'm still getting the same results . . . both MsgBoxes give me 0x00000000

#include <NomadMemory.au3>
#Include <Memory.au3>

While 1

$baseAddrs = _MemVirtualAllocEx($MemID[1],0x00800000,128,$MEM_COMMIT,$PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)

MsgBox(0,"",$baseAddrs)

EndIf
WEnd
Edited by SomeoneHere

#Include <Memory.au3>

While 1

$baseAddrs = _MemVirtualAllocEx($MemID[1],0,128,BitOR($MEM_COMMIT, $MEM_RESERVE),$PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)

; MsgBox(0,"",$baseAddrs) Array type not supported by this function. Read the function description.

EndIf
WEnd

If you won't read the documentation you'll never get the idea. Try to spend a few minutes to see how a function should be invoked. Sorry for boring topic. >_<

#Include <Memory.au3>

While 1

$baseAddrs = _MemVirtualAllocEx($MemID[1],0,128,BitOR($MEM_COMMIT, $MEM_RESERVE),$PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)

; MsgBox(0,"",$baseAddrs) Array type not supported by this function. Read the function description.

EndIf
WEnd

If you won't read the documentation you'll never get the idea. Try to spend a few minutes to see how a function should be invoked. Sorry for boring topic. >_<

i've read it already . . . and i was right . . . but for some reason it wasn't working... idk, i rewrote it all (cuz i realized i would of continuously be allocating memory) and this is what i have, and it works fine now :( ty

#Include <Memory.au3>

HotKeySet("x", "Allocate")

$baseAddrs = 0

While 1
    ToolTip($baseAddrs,10,10)
    sleep(500)
WEnd

Func Allocate()

$baseAddrs = _MemVirtualAllocEx($MemID[1],0,128,$MEM_COMMIT,$PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)

EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by SomeoneHere