Very very low Beep sound

Hey,

My problem is simple, this:

Beep(500, 1000)

Plays a beep at a very very low sound.

Turn up the sound you say, well it IS turned up in the control panel, everything else plays back at fine volume level.

Even though it was all turned up, I tried SoundSetWaveVolume (100) to see if it had any effect - and it didn't.

Anybody know if there is a way to get it to play back louder?

LOL why do you need it so loud? make it a higher pitch if you want ppl to notice it... OR make it a WMV or sound file and play THAT from the speakers.... and opening the case probably isn't a good idea.... if you do DON'T touch anything unless you know what it it XD

Beep() plays the system speaker on the motherboard (in most cases) and does not depend on the volume settings. Try open the case of your computer, will be louder. >_<

Aha, they should mention that in the help file, I thought it was a proper beep function

LOL why do you need it so loud?

SO I CAN HEAR IT.

make it a higher pitch if you want ppl to notice it...

Has no effect when the sound plays back at 0.000001 decibel.

OR make it a WMV or sound file and play THAT from the speakers....

Yeah, no kidding.

Aha, they should mention that in the help file, I thought it was a proper beep function

How is that not "proper"? It's the same way Windows and even your own BIOS does it. It's how Beep has worked for decades.

I did make a frequency generator example for Bass.dll, can't remember where it was floating around though... Let me try find.

Oh found it:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78345&view=findpost&p=565931

Edited by BrettF