Get selected listview item ID?

Hello all,

First of all, I must say I love AutoIt. I'm a long time programmer but never heard of it until recently, have been using it ever since.

I got a question concerning listviews (GUICtrlCreateListView()); How am I able to get the selected item ID (ID returned from GUICtrlCreateListViewItem())?

The situation is this; I have a listview with a few items and I made a context menu for it, but I find myself unable to be able to retrieve the item ID that is selected (After invoking the context menu event).

Kind regards,

Myrddin

_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices() or _GUICtrlListView_HitTest()

Hello Waithdu,

I already looked at _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices(), it returns the listview item number instead of the ID, because the items are spawned in random order it is no use to me.

Didn't knew about _GUICtrlListView_HitTest(), found _GUICtrlListView_SubItemHitTest(), but this function also returns the number, and not the ID.

Kind regards,

Myrddin

Is it the controlID you want? Use GUICtrlRead() if your items was creted with GUICtrlCreateListViewItem().

ListView Control identifier (controlID) of the selected ListViewItem. 0 means no item is selected

Thank you so much! I have been looking everywhere, this was the only place I didn't look. Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

Myrddin