Audio sound 'Db' level

Okay so I hit a road block...

Basically my computer is playing different songs through a WMP object I created in my au3 script. My problem is the sound level. Some of the tracks are really really loud and some are so low I can't barely hear. So that gave me the idea to create a sound monitor.

I already have all the code to change the WMP object volume, my main volume and the wave volume, but I have no idea how to get the current Db level that's coming out of the speakers. I need to somehow test if the volume is > X db and < X db. Then make the changes to either make it louder or softer =)

Hope that makes sense. Any idea on how to read the level?

Thanks,

Szhlopp

Okay so I hit a road block...

Basically my computer is playing different songs through a WMP object I created in my au3 script. My problem is the sound level. Some of the tracks are really really loud and some are so low I can't barely hear. So that gave me the idea to create a sound monitor.

I already have all the code to change the WMP object volume, my main volume and the wave volume, but I have no idea how to get the current Db level that's coming out of the speakers. I need to somehow test if the volume is > X db and < X db. Then make the changes to either make it louder or softer =)

Hope that makes sense. Any idea on how to read the level?

Thanks,

Szhlopp

I think you can do that with the BASS UDF (bass.dll included)

Cheers, FireFox.

I think you can do that with the BASS UDF (bass.dll included)

Cheers, FireFox.

Sweet.

Okay so I got the latest bass.dll and the Au3 UDF's created... Going to play with it a bit and see if I can make this work right.

EDIT:

Looks like this is exactly what I want, but for a stream created off of it... I need to be able to get the the systems main volume level. So that I can make changes off of that specifically. It needs to be able to monitor not only the WMP object but any other sound that it's playing through the system =)

Thank you FireFox, it's close... just not quite what I need.

Edited by Szhlopp

Check out the example for BassEnc.

Cheers,

Brett

Uppity up.

Again, BASS does exactly what I want, but for its specific stream. I need the main volume.

Thanks again

Uppity up.

Again, BASS does exactly what I want, but for its specific stream. I need the main volume.

Thanks again

That's why he said you should take a look at BassEnc which records sound. You need to record the device that get's your outputted sound, it's sometimes called "Stereo Mix". You should try the example in the BassEnc UDF.

You can also "record" the sound input with mci.