Can autoit control an iexplorer Javascript pop-up window ?

Ofcourse, this is possible. : )

Try this:

- While always

-- Loop through all the existing windows

-- Check what process they belong to

-- If the process is iexplore.exe then

---- Try clicking the OK button

-- wait for a second

- repeat

Hope that makes some sense.

Yes, thats a good idea, but my problem is how to detect the popup because its not a iexplorer.. its a javascript!!.

My confusion is about how to handle the little popup window

THANKS for your help

You got little help because your problem statement sucks.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

A compound word that rhymes with itself... that's pretty cool.

Seriously though, if you provide more detail about the problem you are trying to solve, you are much more likely to get the answer you are looking for.

There are at least two different kinds of popup windows created by Internet Explorer. Common ones are 1) popups created as a result of a Javascript 'alert' or 'confirm' statement (these are actually standard windows you can interact with with AutoIt Win* commands) and 2) HTML popups that are actually new Internet Explorer windows that may look like standard popups. You can tell the difference using the AutoIt Windows Info tool -- if it can recognize individuals controls inside the window, it is a standard window, it it only sees a Internet Explorer_Server control, it is an HTML window. This second type can also be created as a result of Javascript.

So, there is really no such thing as a Javascript window, or at least it is not a helpful description. You'll need to provide more detail and preferably an example of wht you are working with before you'll get the help you are looking for.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 2 years later...

i have a similar problem with a pop up window using IE. i can interact with the web page by referncing teh HTML tags but when a specicfic button is clicked it opens up a (javascript?) pop up with some buttons and a text field. i need to interact with a button i can not seem to acomplish this. i have been trying off and on for months. the is nothing in the source code that i can identify the IDs of the elements.