Open/Save Dialog & browse

xilace

Basically i'm looking to have the same functionality that a install program does. Where it will show you the default path for a file/folder where it will install, but you can always click "browse" to choose another location.

I was thinking of doing this with a label and a button and have the label update its text based on what the user chooses as a file to open/save.

I was curious if this was already built into another function that i'm just completely not thinking of though.

Any thoughts?

You should search the helpfile before posting. Check out FileOpenDialog and FileSaveDialog.

Edited by Hawkwing

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Yes i already know those and use them. Thanks for the 'kind' post though...

I was curious more about the text being updated automatically in the window. Thats where i said I was assuming i would use the open/save dialog and have it update the label variable. But was simply curious if that was the best method or if i was making it to difficult.

I think that would definitely be the best method, to do anything else I think you would have to write your own open/save dialog. Sorry about the not so kind post, but a lot of new people come here and ask for answers without trying anything themselves.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

doing a open/save dialog with it writing back the file path to a variable which would be the label is about all i can think of, searched help file, forums, and google to no avail.

So if thats the way to do it that will do.

Thanks much