Making a mouse button send a key

Noob question,

Need to have the various mouse buttons of multiple mice, when pressed, send keyboard commands.

1. If mouse 1 button 1 is pressed, then send RShift. If mouse 1 button 2 is pressed then send RCtrl.

2. If mouse 2 button 1 is pressed, then send LShift. If mouse 2 button 2 is pressed then send LCtrl.

thanks in advance.

Noob question,

Need to have the various mouse buttons of multiple mice, when pressed, send keyboard commands.

1. If mouse 1 button 1 is pressed, then send RShift. If mouse 1 button 2 is pressed then send RCtrl.

2. If mouse 2 button 1 is pressed, then send LShift. If mouse 2 button 2 is pressed then send LCtrl.

thanks in advance.

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

If they are HID-devices check THIS, otherwise I have no idea. More details (should be relevant ones too >_< ) would help.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

If they are HID-devices check THIS, otherwise I have no idea. More details (should be relevant ones too >_< ) would help.

thanks for the link, Admiral. I think I am too green to attempt scripts as complex as appear to be needed to do what I'm after.

I have 2 light guns connected to my PC for gaming. They register as mouse 1 and mouse 2 respectively. Each mouse has 2 buttons.

I was trying to figure out how to write a script that could send a keyboard character depending on which mouse and which button was pressed. So if mouse 1 button 1 was pressed the script would Send LCtrl or something like that.

I'll study your link more and see if I want to tackle it. Thanks!