Logon to windows unattended

Hi Everyone

Can you help at all??

Is it possible to have a script that runs on a workstation unattended.

It needs to logon to that workstation with no other user intervention, maybe have all te credentials already entered,

then while it open another script will run a series of sequences.

They are open an application and then send a series of keystroke commands then close the application.

The heve the first script log off.

I have the middle piece i just need at least the ability to have the logon script run unattended.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by weezypenguin

Hi

The general consensus on this is (AFAIK) no. Apparantly Windows will not allow you to script a CTRL+ALT+DEL. I asked the very same question months ago and never really got anywhere. The best advise I can give is run your script in a terminal session and lock the workstation. I think this will pretty much achieve what your trying and still give you security. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I haven't personally found any other way except TS.

So how did you actually do it?

Hi

The general consensus on this is (AFAIK) no. Apparantly Windows will not allow you to script a CTRL+ALT+DEL. I asked the very same question months ago and never really got anywhere. The best advise I can give is run your script in a terminal session and lock the workstation. I think this will pretty much achieve what your trying and still give you security. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I haven't personally found any other way except TS.

Hi Everyone

Can you help at all??

Is it possible to have a script that runs on a workstation unattended.

It needs to logon to that workstation with no other user intervention, maybe have all te credentials already entered,

then while it open another script will run a series of sequences.

They are open an application and then send a series of keystroke commands then close the application.

The heve the first script log off.

I have the middle piece i just need at least the ability to have the logon script run unattended.

Many thanks in advance.

Auto Admin Logon? Just be sure to clean up afterwords (remove username/password from registry).

This can be initiated remotely by remote access to the registry followed by a remote reboot, or by remotely creating a scheduled task.

>_<

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

So how did you actually do it?

I basically got my script to run in a terminal session and locked the work station that was running it. Basically you have to remember that what ever application your script is running has to have the same level of accessibility as if you were using the application. For example, if you wanted to use Outlook you have to be able to see the application, operate it's controls, type into it etc. But if the screen was locked then there's not much you can do, right? So the only method I found that worked was to remote into a PC session and get your script to run.

Do you have access to a PC which is running Terminal Services? Even a standard home PC will do. If you do, remote into it but not at fullscreen. Get your script to run what ever it is you're running in it and lock your workstation (thats your physical PC). Remember - do not minimise the remote session. Leave it active on your desktop. Just resize the screen so it's neatly tucked away in some corner of your desktop. Apparantly when you minimise applications all mouse and keyboard activity is suspended by Windows.

Give this a go and come back if you still have problems.