Machine AD OU or "IfExist" regread?

I'm writing a script that would be greatly aided by be able to find the local machine's OU inside Active Directory. As far as I understand, Microsoft in its infinite wisdom did not put this attribute anywhere in the registry. I did find a key that has the machine's name along with the OU is a member of. My questions are:

1) Is it possible to kind of like an "IfExist" regread where I can search a specific registry key to see if it contains certain text?

2) Does anybody have a way to find out the OU of a machine by issuing commands through an AutoIT script?

Thanks a lot!

I'm writing a script that would be greatly aided by be able to find the local machine's OU inside Active Directory. As far as I understand, Microsoft in its infinite wisdom did not put this attribute anywhere in the registry. I did find a key that has the machine's name along with the OU is a member of. My questions are:

1) Is it possible to kind of like an "IfExist" regread where I can search a specific registry key to see if it contains certain text?

2) Does anybody have a way to find out the OU of a machine by issuing commands through an AutoIT script?

Thanks a lot!

Hello EddardStark

I am not an Autoit expert

but if you could run "dsquery computer domianroot -name computername" you maybe prompted for domain admin credentials

but you could i think incorporate that into your script such as

maybe??

#RequireAdmin

$computer = inputbox("computerName", "", "", "")

RunWait(@ComSpec & "/c " & 'dsquery computer domainroot -name' & " " & $computer & " " & '>' & @ScriptDir & '\query.txt',"",@SW_HIDE)

N.B. my code doesn't work as I am not that proficient in Autoit as of yet but maybe someone else can help with this code for you

Then export it to a file and read information after OU=

as a mentioned I am not an expert but i would think if you spent time on looking at some ideas i had you migth be able to come up with something >_< hehe

Edited by failedtocompile

The following script should give you the FQDN of the local computer. You can strip off the OU you need.

adfunctions.au3 can be found here.

#include <adfunctions.au3>
ConsoleWrite(_ADSamAccountNameToFQDN(@ComputerName & "{:content:}quot;) & @CRLF)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki