Script turned illegible

Hi

I opened a script this morning and it looks like the attached file.

This was OK on Friday and other's i'd been working on on Friday are OK, i'm using SciTE editor, but even if i open in notepad, it's unreadable.

The script actaully runs fine, but i need to edit it.

To cap it all off, the backup i took on Thursday is showing an Error at Line -1 when i run it that i can't track down.

Can anyone help, please >_<

Ta

Rich

post-24408-1249377090349_thumb.jpg

Judging by your picture sxyrich,

Your script has been 'compiled' to an exe (probably with Scite) because that is an Executable header.

Try to find your original source file, which should have an Au3 extension and not an Exe extension.

Just curious but what is the extension of the file whose picture you submitted?

Vlad

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Hi Vlad

Thanks for you reply, the file extension is AU3.......i think i know what i've done now, i'm such an idiot.

i wrote an update program in the back ground that checked for a more up to date executable in a location, then copied it locally, waited for the program to finish, then (crucially) copied it to @ScriptFullPath of the program, overwriting the program.

so when i've tested running the AU3 my upgrade program has (somehow) decided the exe it checkes is more recent than the script and overwrote the script with the exe, changing the filename to .AU3 in the process.

i really am such an idiot, and now i've lost the script as it's been overwritten!

i don't suppose you know a way of decompiling an exe do you? i've tried the the decompiler with autoit, but get an error message saying the file isn't an autoit exe.

i'm using ver 3.3

Thanks

Rich